207 cc Hydraulic Boot Lid - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-04-13, 06:24 PM   #1
gaj
Inactive User

Default 207 cc Hydraulic Boot Lid

Hi There

I am C & G MVT3 from years back so used to sorting through most things without manuals, however, this has me stumped...
Daughter's 207 cc - goes like this - Boot lid springs up fine - roof retracts into load area fine - Boot lid judders and hangs, slight finger pressure to encourage it will succeed in it closing. "Roof Manouvre Complete"

To raise - Boot lid requires help to raise to upright position - Roof flies sprightly to close position - Boot Lid struggles to close requiring light
finger pressure to close - "Roof Manouvre Complete"

So boot lid works OK except when roof assembly is in load area or leaving load area.
If rams were faulty I assume Lid would not operate regardless of where roof is positioned? Have checked roof/trims are not pinching hydraulic lines etc
All linkages, hinges have been white greased so no known tight spots or leaks.
Does pump use different circuit to operate boot lid when roof is either raised or lowered position?
Any ideas appreciated
gaj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-04-13, 06:25 PM   #2
davidireland

Have you read the roof ecu?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-04-13, 06:30 PM   #3
gaj
Inactive User

Thanks for reply

Answer is no i'm afraid - as I don't possess the equipment.
What is required?

Old 28-04-13, 08:56 PM   #4
gaj
Inactive User

Just to update for benefit of forum users - Diagnostics completed and no fault found with roof ecu. However information gleaned from technicians is that the hydraulic pumps are made in China.... hmm! not robust enough for job and are prone to chewing up inside which then contaminates the whole hydraulic system. This is why my local dealer quoted 3500 to replace complete system.
Purchased used pump on ebay and fitted it myself (easy) refilled the resovoir with fresh (expensive) peugeot oil and roof system works perfectly (no idea for how long though, days, weeks, years?). Why should the owner of these cars bear the financial brunt of manufacturers inferior components? Anyhow I now have a Depollution Warning message to deal with no doubt incurring more time and cost. As a time served and qualifed technician working from 1976-1986 i.e. pre ECU I am astounded at the wide range of problems reported on various forums with Peugeot cars. The minute the display is free of warnings, errors etc (if it will ever happen) it's on it's way!
That leaves my Peugeot Partner and the wife's 207 1.4 to worry about!
Old 31-05-13, 10:03 PM   #5
gaj
Inactive User

Further update which may benefit forum members the Depollution System Fault warning - peugeot garage told me it may be a problem with camshaft pulleys moving slightly on camshafts throwing out timing on earlier 1.6 engines giving rise to this warning (cost to rectify 250 to 800) - eh! what happened to woodruff keys.. You have to praise manufacturers for building in faults to generate future business for the dealer network though.
Anyhow suspected as later engine it was worth a shot replacing the camshaft sensors from Bosch- 40 for pair 5 mins to fit - the warning message is no longer displayed and without any reset or fa**ing around, The engine runs sweet just as it did before. Hope this helps someone. Now lets wait for next message............
Old 31-05-13, 10:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaj View Post
As a time served and qualifed technician working from 1976-1986 i.e. pre ECU I am astounded at the wide range of problems reported on various forums with Peugeot cars. The minute the display is free of warnings, errors etc (if it will ever happen) it's on it's way!
It's not just peugeot that make cars that have problems. Sure you read lots of posts on the internet about people with problems simply because very few people take the time and effort to post unless there is an issue they can't resolve.

I had company cars for years up until 18 months ago when I was made redundant, my new job doesn't provide a car so I have to sort one myself. My first car was a Vauxhall Astra so I joined that forum and strangely enough, most of the post on that forum were of proble,s with various Vauxhalls. When that car was written off by someone older than Methusla, I bought a Renault Laguna 2.0 Dynamique and doing a search for reviews, eveyry search result except for one was complaining of turbo failure. The one that didn't complain of turbo failure was the one that said turbo failure could be avoided by regular oil changes using a good oil (sound familiar ?). I joined the Renault forums and you may be shocked to hear that the renault forum was innundated with posts regarding faulty Renaults.

The Renault was replaced with my first ever Peugeot. A 2006 307. Probably the best car I have ever bought. I was gutted when some idiot pulled out of a side street over broken white lines straight into the side of me. This was also written off and I replaced it with a slightly older 307 which is promising to be as good as it's predecessor.

Most businesses have dedicated complaints departments but I have never come across any business that has a compliments received department. Why is that I wonder ? Is it because every business such poor quality products which are guaranteed to generate complaints or is it the more probable scenario that the vast majority of the items they build are actually pretty good but very few people contact them to say they are happy with the product but most of those that are unfortunate to get a bad item will definitely complain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-05-13, 11:40 PM   #7
davidireland

To above. Its not Peugeot that make the engine in your car. Its BMW. Or BMtroubleU as i call them. You can blame them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-10-14, 11:09 PM   #8
Inactive User

Angry 207cc

hi guys i have a 207cc i bought damaged to the rear floor and bootlid i have since replaced the bottom part of the bootlid now the bloody thing wont fit there are 3 bolts each side which the panel bolts to the black frame,it looks like the frame has gone down and back so the bolts wont reach any ideas please rather than me burning it i can upload pictures if i need to to show there is normally a small gap between bootlid and the small panel below it which has the 207cc badge on just cant move the frame closer to bolt and line up at all
foxgirl1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in