207 cc 1.6 headlights only work when sterring wheel is turned - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-01-18, 06:17 PM   #1

Default 207 cc 1.6 headlights only work when sterring wheel is turned

hi all,

Thanks in advance i'm going out of my mind,

couple of weeks ago my alternator failed so i'm pretty handy with the spanners, i removed it and got it reconditioned, put it all back together with no issues, while doing all the regular checks i noticed that my headlights were not working so i pulled the lights out and one bulb had blown, so i replaced it thinking that as the one bulb was out it maybe stopping the other from working, anyway out side the motor factors in the day i was there flicking switches with no avial, so i thought i might be fuses bought some fuses and drove home, i left the lights on auto and as it was dusk as i pulled up and parked the car i noticed that when i turned the wheel left the left light would come on, and the same when i turned right, dead centre and nothing, so bulbs are fine, fuses are good, what else could be causing this fault, im due an mot soon so need this fixed ASAP, please help.

thanks
Jago
Jago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-01-18, 06:29 PM   #2

The 207cc has an option to switch the fog light on each side as you turn steering not the headlamp bulbs so you could still have blow bulbs or similar.

What was wrong with alternator overvoltage could have blown bulbs
Old 28-01-18, 07:20 PM   #3

hi,

all bulbs are working, just been out again and had a look, when the stalk is set to auto or on then the headlights should come on, i have side lights but no head lights, the only way the head lights work is when you turn the steering wheel, i can put the wheel dead centre, and rock it back and fourth and each light flashes on and off....i am now a french ambulance,

regards
Jago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 28-01-18, 09:59 PM   #4

This sounds like the signals from the control unit beneath the steering wheel are either incorrect, or being misinterpreted by the BSI. Try a BSI reboot.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in