207 airbag issues - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-18, 10:39 PM   #1

Default 207 airbag issues

My wifes 207 has the airbag or pre-tensioner warning on the display and airbag light on. I have tried a 1.8 Ohm resistor across each of the connections under both the drivers and passengers seats.

What I need to know is whether the fault latches on and needs to have the fault cleared after I have fixed the fault or whether it will clear once fixed. I'm sure last time a friend checked it with his reader it said drivers side but no luck fixing it.

The second thing I'd love to know is where the airbag module is located so I can try and rule out a cabling issue.
matmcn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-18, 10:46 PM   #2

Airbag faults will normally clear when fault is corrected EXCEPT if the ECU module has been triggered.
Check that all plugs under the seats are making good connection, these are a weak point.
ECU is under the centre console.
If you scan the system with PP2000, it will normally be able to point you to the exact fault.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-18, 11:29 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I have checked all of the connections under the seats and they seem fine, thats why I am looking to check them up to the ecu. When you say the centre console, are you on about in between the seats or more towards the dash?

Old 11-09-18, 12:35 AM   #4

between the seats.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-09-18, 07:18 PM   #5

Does anyone know the resistance of the pre-tensioners? I have tried replacing the airbags with resistors with no luck so was wondering if the pre-tensioners are 3.3 Ohm also. Even tried another airbag control module with no luck.

Also is anyone around Telford with Peugeot Planet? I have tried the chap listed on the map but no answer. Would be nice to know which of the bags it's saying is faulty.
Old 18-09-18, 07:23 PM   #6

Default Wiring

Additionally, would anyone have the airbag wiring diagrams to hand?
Old 18-09-18, 07:31 PM   #7

DO NOT try using a meter to check resistance on airbag or pretensioner some lower speck meters can trigger airbag or tensioner (most also have a shorting bar in the socket to short the pins together to prevent static triggering the unit which also results in a 0 ohm reading.

I think they are around 3.3 Ohms but not 100% as on some models the circuit is linked into side and curtain airbags so you get different resistances between spec.

One i fixed for someone had a drivers side airbag/tensioner fault logged and the fault was in the curtain airbag squib
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in