207 advice please - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rubb3rbull3t
  • 1 Post By ADS77

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-18, 07:16 PM   #1

Default 207 advice please

Hi, i've been thinking of buying a 207 cc but i'm worried if i get problems with the roof. So i'm also considering any 207 with a panaramic sunroof, can anyone advice on which models come with the pan roof, cheers
rubb3rbull3t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-18, 12:30 AM   #2

Default Reply from wightpug

Hi there,
Having owned two 207cc pugs, I have never experienced any roof problems myself.
Providing you check the operation of the roof thoroughly and the car has been well maintained you should not experience any problems.

The main concern is that EP6 Peugeot Prince engine which has timing chain issues especially in 150bhp THP turbo form.

Avoid high mileage examples, service history is a must with regular oil changes.
Look out for timing chain rattle when cold on start up.

I love my 207cc , if you buy a good one and treat it with a bit of respect you should be ok, but bear in mind it is a car that needs fastidious maintenance.

Regards, Ralph

Isle of Wight. U.K

207cc GT
wightpug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-18, 08:48 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply wightpug it is much appreciated, this info is very valuable for me. What is considered to be generally accepted as average mileage per year for a car? I'd prefer to get a 207 cc but i also like the thp as well, all come's down to price and availability and i haven't got deep pockets either, thanks wightpug

Old 08-01-18, 08:05 PM   #4

Default Average mileage and other considerations.

Hi again,
Average mileage is normally considered to be between 10K to 12K miles per annum.
However with regards to the 207CC it is very often a 2nd car in the family and very often as not a lady owner. Subsequently there are lower mileage examples out there if you are patient and prepared to travel.

Both 207CCs I have owned were 2008 models, the first at 52K miles bought 18 months ago ( written off by large continental coach after 2 months ownership ).
The one I have now took 5 months to find a year ago it had then done 47K miles with full service history.

I have no idea what your budget might be but you should be able to find a late 2008 to early 2009 model at around 55K miles for about 3000 if you are prepared to wait.

My personal advice would be to buy from a reputable dealer, so you have a period of warranty. Make sure it has full service history. Take someone with you who knows something about cars. Incase your heart rules your head.

Again I would avoid high mileage examples because of timing chain issues and also the inlet ports can get coked up as well at higher mileages. I would also personally avoid the THP turbo unless performance is paramount for you.

Anyway the final choice is yours, happy hunting and hope you find a good one.

Regards Ralph. I.O.W
207CC GT

Last edited by wightpug; 11-01-18 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Technical error, manifold should read ports
wightpug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-18, 11:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wightpug View Post
Hi again,
Average mileage is normally considered to be between 10K to 12K miles per annum.

I have no idea what your budget might be.

My personal advice would be to buy from a reputable dealer, so you have a period of warranty. Make sure it has full service history. Take someone with you who knows something about cars. Incase your heart rules your head.

Again I would avoid high mileage examples because of timing chain issues and also the inlet manifolds can get coked up as well at higher mileages. I would also personally avoid the THP turbo unless performance is paramount for you.

Anyway the final choice is yours, happy hunting and hope you find a good one.

Regards Ralph. I.O.W
207CC GT
Thanks Ralph excellent advice again it is very much appreciated!

My budget is a very low 1,200 at the moment but as time goes on i hope to increase the amount significantly.

I'm hoping to buy from a reputable local dealership and i will take a friend because my heart WILL rule my head

Performance isn't the be all and end all, it will be all about the car first second and third.

The more i can save the bigger the itch will get.

Thanks Ralph you've been a big help
wightpug likes this.

Last edited by rubb3rbull3t; 09-01-18 at 11:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-01-18, 10:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubb3rbull3t View Post
Thanks Ralph excellent advice again it is very much appreciated!

My budget is a very low 1,200 at the moment but as time goes on i hope to increase the amount significantly.

I'm hoping to buy from a reputable local dealership and i will take a friend because my heart WILL rule my head

Performance isn't the be all and end all, it will be all about the car first second and third.

The more i can save the bigger the itch will get.

Thanks Ralph you've been a big help
where abouts are you from?

Can't see getting much from a dealer with the current budget you have but there are cars out there if you have or accept the knowledge and experience of 207 owners that are good deals.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
wightpug likes this.
ADS77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-18, 10:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS77 View Post
where abouts are you from?

Can't see getting much from a dealer with the current budget you have but there are cars out there if you have or accept the knowledge and experience of 207 owners that are good deals.
Thanks for the reply ADS77

I'm in swansea uk. A couple of months ago there was a 2007 plate 207 cc 1.6 in grey half leather seats etc it was for sale at a local dealer for 1,500, the spec and colour is what i'd prefer but i'm flexible.

Yes i realise my budget is very low but real life and bills always pop up when i seem to be getting somewhere in regard to saving larger amounts per month

I'm all ears regarding good deals.

But earlier tonight a friend while replacing the wiper blades on my 206, he managed to crack the windscreen and the crack is getting bigger, so i might need to get a car just to get me around i'll phone the insurance company to see where my policy stands about a replacement.

Thanks for the reply ADS77
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in