207 2006 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-10-15, 11:23 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207 2006

Hi all,

I've just sighed up to this forum so I hope I'm not breaking any rules but I bought a 207 a cupple of months back and on the way home the power steering felt quite notchy. Unfortunately I purchased it form a family member so I couldn't return the car. I took the car to a Peugeot dealer who quoted around 2000 for the fix and said it needed a new rack pinion and motor. Being a student who bought the car for 2000 this is never going to happen so I was wondering if anybody on here could sell me a proven to work used or refurbished unit? I think the cost new was around 600-700 but can't be sure. I should be able to fit it myself and get aligned later.

Also please excuse my English. I only just passed.

Cheers,
Ryan
Ryanj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-10-15, 01:01 PM   #2

I can't help personally with the part but there are some very good car breakers around. Try googling Hills of Skelmersdale who I have used a lot and never had a problem. The website allows you to search particular models and/or particular parts for those models. The parts come tested and guaranteed and prices are very reasonable. Not sure where you live but they do deliver nationwide. Alternatively, there may be similar breakers nearer to you.

As far as Hills of Skelmersdale are concerned I have always been pleased with the service I have had.

By the way, I don't work for them or anything like that! I just use them because they are only about 30 miles from me and the website is clear and easy to use and delivery is quick. You get full descriptions and photos of all available parts. You can also request a part if one isn't listed as being already available. Good luck.
Davrobate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-10-15, 01:14 PM   #3

Just checked. Hills of Skelmersdale have six available, all at a price of 100. If you're interested, go to the Homepage of their website and type into the search box at the top of the page....'207 steering rack'. They will come up with photos of them. You can order and pay online and arrange delivery. Good luck.

Just to reiterate, I DON'T work for them or am not trying to push them!! I'm nearly 70 years old (sod it) and I've just used them a lot and never had a problem.
Davrobate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in