207 2006 1.4 - ECU, BSi, keys, code reader - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-10-17, 02:33 PM   #1

Default 207 2006 1.4 - ECU, BSi, keys, code reader

207 2006 1.4 - Hi, extremely grateful for any help in finding ECU, BSi, keys and code reader from reputable source, or even having the work done. Sheffield/Yorkshire area. TIA, Jon
Jon747 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-10-17, 03:24 PM   #2

As usual first question is WHY do you want to change them
Old 13-10-17, 03:45 PM   #3

Thanks for the interest Reliable 406.

Long story short, I took the car for an MOT and was told it was misfiring. Garage investigated and said it was the ECU. They acquired another unit, fitted it but now tell me that the bought unit still has details of the previous car on it and the existing unit is no longer viable, so I need to get it towed from their premises. There was even as attempt to charge for the botched job and returning the car in a far worse condition that I took it in - at least it was driveable.

Hence looking into acquiring the ECU, BSi, keys and code reader myself and then finding someone to do the work. Apparently it is quite straightforward once the proper units are secured.

Old 13-10-17, 04:24 PM   #4

OK
1 your garage MIGHT be wrong as wiring looms can get wet internally causing rotten wires/ecu pins
2 you dont need the code reader they are generic
3 you DO need the clocks as the miles are stored in the BSI and the clocks
4 If you put your old ecu back it should still work i dont understand what they mean by not viable unless they have now lost the keycodes from the BSI too !
Old 13-10-17, 09:11 PM   #5

Thanks for the info. Trouble is, lay people are dependent on info from experts, and I can only go on what they tell me.

Looking for an accurate and reliable analysis and diagnosis, and then a fair quote for guaranteed work.
Old 11-02-18, 04:14 PM   #6

Good day everyone.
Is this thread still alive?

First time user, but similar issue:

Water/coolant ingress into my 2006 1.4s 207 engine ECU that resulted in the pins eroding off...

I found a replacement ECU on ebay and sent it to another Ebay member to reprogram (with the original ECU). He returned to me ""untracked" and lost in Postage - (separate issue I am dealing with, but first, car must get fixed).

Since the ebay member has gone "radio silent" and not replaced the lost ECU, I purchased a used ECU, Fuzebox, BSI, Key Fob and Ignition (with sensor around the ignition) from the same vehicle.

I have now replaced all the parts, but the car turns over but does not start (fire).

Other symptoms and actions:

1. I only replaced the sensor around the ignition and the internal parts of the key fob (from the purchased ECU and BSI) to keep the current ignition and door key.

2. Not all the numbers on the 2 ECUs marry up 100%, but I was told that this is not a problem since im using the accompanied BSI (see attached old and replaced ECU)

3. When switching the ignition on, the BAT flashes (car is in Eco Mode, and Bat fully charged) but the Fuel needle rise to Fuel level, stay for 20 sec, then drop to zero...

4. No faults shows on the internal screen.

5. Headlights work, but indicator and electric windows dont.

Any advice will be grateful appreciated. I am in Upavon, Whiltsire.

Many thanks, Ronnie
Attached Thumbnails
old-peugeot-ecu-number.jpg   new-peugeot-ecu-number.jpg  
Ronnie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-18, 05:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie86 View Post
Good day everyone.
Is this thread still alive?

First time user, but similar issue:

Water/coolant ingress into my 2006 1.4s 207 engine ECU that resulted in the pins eroding off...

I found a replacement ECU on ebay and sent it to another Ebay member to reprogram (with the original ECU). He returned to me ""untracked" and lost in Postage - (separate issue I am dealing with, but first, car must get fixed).

Since the ebay member has gone "radio silent" and not replaced the lost ECU, I purchased a used ECU, Fuzebox, BSI, Key Fob and Ignition (with sensor around the ignition) from the same vehicle.

I have now replaced all the parts, but the car turns over but does not start (fire).

Other symptoms and actions:

1. I only replaced the sensor around the ignition and the internal parts of the key fob (from the purchased ECU and BSI) to keep the current ignition and door key.

2. Not all the numbers on the 2 ECUs marry up 100%, but I was told that this is not a problem since im using the accompanied BSI (see attached old and replaced ECU)

3. When switching the ignition on, the BAT flashes (car is in Eco Mode, and Bat fully charged) but the Fuel needle rise to Fuel level, stay for 20 sec, then drop to zero...

4. No faults shows on the internal screen.

5. Headlights work, but indicator and electric windows dont.

Any advice will be grateful appreciated. I am in Upavon, Whiltsire.

Many thanks, Ronnie
after trying to start turn off and leave the key in ignition and open drivers door, does it beep to say keys are still in
Old 13-02-18, 08:24 PM   #8

Hi Trustme

NO, it does not beep when I leave the key inside and open the door.

I have also managed to get Peugeot Planet today but dont know how to use it yet (I dont want to make a mistake and make things worse- if its at all possible).

Its clear that the VIN is now different to before (since I have replaced the parts from another car).

Ronnie
Old 14-02-18, 03:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie86 View Post
Hi Trustme

NO, it does not beep when I leave the key inside and open the door.

I have also managed to get Peugeot Planet today but dont know how to use it yet (I dont want to make a mistake and make things worse- if its at all possible).

Its clear that the VIN is now different to before (since I have replaced the parts from another car).

Ronnie
the key is either the wrong chip in it or its not programmed
Old 14-02-18, 08:31 PM   #10

Many thanks,

What would you recommend next? Tow to a dealer or is there another way?
Many thanks, Ronnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in