207 1.6HDI DFP Sensor Location - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-15, 12:59 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207 1.6HDI DFP Sensor Location

Hi All,

I recently purchased the above car and started having problems with the anti pollution as well documented on this site, with my error code p1457 and looking on this site and others it seems good practice to change the dpf sensor.

I had a look through my haynes manual to see that on this model the sensor is located the top right of the radiator, after having a look i cant seem to locate it.

My question is is there something i need to remove to find it or is the haynes manual incorrect?

I am looking to fit the new sensor at the weekend so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction before then.

Also do i need to do any quirky turning off of the battery or am i good to just plug and play whilst its still connected?

Thanks!
Norb3rt88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-09-15, 01:26 PM   #2

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...lt-code-29952/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...problem-20115/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 23-09-15, 08:54 AM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for the quick reply, I checked the links you attached, are you trying to tell me that the issue could lie with something else rather than the dpf sensor?

Having looked at the error codes of the other threads it seems that there is almost always another fault code that comes with the p1457, my other fault codes are p0100 'airflow not pausable' and p1351 'relay supplied and plugs never supplied'

Thanks

Rob

Old 23-09-15, 12:51 PM   #4
Inactive User

After having a quick search through and having a look at the photos i have on my phone the only fault that is permanent on my phone is P1351, which from looking around indicates it is either a relay or a glow plug failure. So I will check the glow plugs when I get home to find out which one of the two it is.

Could the P1457 fault be caused by the P1351 fault or are they completely unrelated?

I apologize if i shouldn't be logging everything I am doing/thinking but hopefully it will help other people in the future!
Old 23-09-15, 01:06 PM   #5

I would assume that P1351 would mean the glow plugs aren't working properly, therefore car isn't regenerating therefore filter getting blocked up.
Old 24-09-15, 12:58 PM   #6
Inactive User

So hopefully after I have resolved the issue it is possible that the P1457 fault will disappear?

Also do I need to clear the faults off before the DPF can start regenerating?
Old 24-09-15, 01:09 PM   #7

Always a good idea to, so you're not being misled by old codes.
Old 26-09-15, 09:56 AM   #8
Inactive User

So I managed to have a look under the bonnet last night but could see or feel a thing, this morning lucky my baby girl fell asleep giving me a window of opportunity!

Found the plugs at the back of the engine, i managed to check 3 out of the 4 as the 2nd from left has from what i am gathering exhaust pipes right behind it not giving me enough room for my fat fingers.

Luckily it seems like the plug furthest to the right is a dud, I guess that it is best practice to do all the plugs at the same time but i dont think i could manage all of them without turfing more parts out which if out of my comfort zone right now.

Will let you know how it goes once i have replaced the plug!
Old 27-09-15, 11:35 AM   #9
Inactive User

After changing the faulty glow plug yesterday evening this morning i had chance to take the car for a spin to see if i could get the dpf clean started and clean the engine management light.

After taking it out for approx 30 miles the Engine management light is still on, when heading back into town from the motorway i noticed a electrical type noise in the background of the engine... Could that have been the cleaning system?

Also I haven't cleared the codes after changing the glow plug, could this prevent the dpf clean starting?
Old 28-09-15, 12:58 PM   #10
Inactive User

This morning on my drive to work I noticed the engine was feeling a little rough, checked all the parts i stripped off but everything is back as it should be.

Still have the engine management light on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in