207 1.6 THP misfire - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-08-19, 06:47 PM   #1

Default 207 1.6 THP misfire

Hi all, I would like some help on this one if thatís ok. Searching the forum has lots of similar posts but I couldnít find one with an actual conclusion.

Car is 57 plate 207xs 1.6 turbo petrol, 150bhp, EP6dt engine with 75k miles.

My Mrs has had this in and out of a garage multiple times and has given up with them. So this is how I spent my bank holiday:

Car started with a slight misfire and petrol smell. 1 minute down the road at the first hill I came to it threw the anti-pollution warning and went into limp mode.
I drive it home like that and Diagbox shows: P1337 (misfire cyl# 1), P1336 (misfire cyl unspecified), P1339 (misfire cyl #3).
I cleared the fault and swapped coil packs 1 with 2 and 3 with 4. I noted the coil packs look brand new, I guess the garage has already tried this.

Driving about on/off for the rest of the day there were no issues. Iím not used to the car but if feels underpowered and especially hesitant around 2k rpm.

Leaving it for 6 hours the issue then reoccurred in much the same way. This time turned it on/off to clear the misfire & drive back home. Diagbox showed P1338 (misfire cyl #2).

I will check the plugs when it cools down but I suspect I will also find they are new. Ordinarily the fault now being on #2 would make me suspect the coil pack but as they look brand new I think not.

Apparently the car has had a new timing chain in the past. The engine sounds nice and quiet with no chain rattles.

Searching the forum comes up with possible causes of: HP fuel pump or timing issues.

Is there anything further I can do to diagnose before I find a garage with experience in these engines?

Thanks for your help,

Tim
Advertisement

Old 28-08-19, 04:43 PM   #2

I think that you have answered your own problem
The miss-fire is with no 2 now, so a new coil pack is needed.
Phil McNeil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-19, 10:13 PM   #3

So the symptoms continued but the misfire faults were not consistent. One day cylinder 2 next day 3&4 etc. Took the car to a garage with the kit to measure fuel pressure today and they confirmed it is not behaving as it should. New high pressure fuel pump on the way at a cost of £320. Dealer wanted nearly £550 for one...

Old 19-09-19, 07:19 PM   #4

And just to finish the thread: Replacing the hp pump fixed the problem!!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in