207 1.6 hdi induction kit - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-06-13, 03:29 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207 1.6 hdi induction kit

Anyone know what happens to the hole in the side of the rocker cover that usually joins to the intake breather pipe does it get blocked off if so is it safe for the turbo to work without that bit of oil going down to it like it usually does through intake breather pipe ? Just wondering as theres no induction kit for 307 and looked at 207 hdi and engine is identicle and theres a kit for it so goin to put it on my 307 to get rid of that awful box behind engine
markah2007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-06-13, 07:34 PM   #2

Not worth fitting to HDI you loose the cold air feed and with high heat levels under the bonnet from turbo etc you will most likely get less power and intake sound is not like petrol as intake just feeds turbo. Better bet is to fit K&N etc in existing airbox
Old 19-06-13, 09:44 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
Not worth fitting to HDI you loose the cold air feed and with high heat levels under the bonnet from turbo etc you will most likely get less power and intake sound is not like petrol as intake just feeds turbo. Better bet is to fit K&N etc in existing airbox
Thx for reply wasnt getting it for sound ect. Just wanted to get rid of air box behind engine as its loose moving about and when i secure it then the cold air feed dosnt stay in side of airbox keeps popping out. And with induction kit i wudnt lose cold air feed as there would b a new one

Old 19-06-13, 10:23 PM   #4
chopper1192

The standard paper filter both flows and filters better than a K&N. If you really must then a Pipercross panel is the only one to give both better flow and better filtration.

However you won't go no quicker and the oil from these filters can foul the MAF and cause problems, so I'd put your wallet away.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-06-13, 10:55 PM   #5

Hi

Most interested in the k&n advice. When I got my car it had a k&n he had fitted to reduce the times going under the slam panel.

The loose air box damaged a plastic water pipe and marked top of egr valve.

I cleaned filter made bracket for air box if I get you right the filter is poor would it cause damage do you think, cost me twenty quid to clean it did I waste my money.

Cheers

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
border_all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-06-13, 07:35 AM   #6
davidireland

The k&n is as good as the servicing of it is i reckon. It needs oiling regularily enough as the oil traps the dirt/dust etc.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-06-13, 08:15 AM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by border_all View Post
Hi

Most interested in the k&n advice. When I got my car it had a k&n he had fitted to reduce the times going under the slam panel.

The loose air box damaged a plastic water pipe and marked top of egr valve.

I cleaned filter made bracket for air box if I get you right the filter is poor would it cause damage do you think, cost me twenty quid to clean it did I waste my money.

Cheers

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I thought my airbox was broke so it is meant to be loose ?
Old 20-06-13, 08:17 AM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
The k&n is as good as the servicing of it is i reckon. It needs oiling regularily enough as the oil traps the dirt/dust etc.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Would an induction kit work as good as the original airbox if i put a cold feed to it or i could even make the air cone sit in the compartment above arch where the old cold air feed started ? Im not expecting no performance boost ect just want to remove air box behind engine ?
Old 20-06-13, 07:59 PM   #9

The airbox gets damaged by people swapping the filter without removing the entire unit from the car - they just undo the two screws and take off the top.

That works OK, but you can't reverse the process and put it back on without breaking off the lugs on the back.
Old 20-06-13, 09:54 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
The airbox gets damaged by people swapping the filter without removing the entire unit from the car - they just undo the two screws and take off the top.

That works OK, but you can't reverse the process and put it back on without breaking off the lugs on the back.
Thx so if i get new box it will attach somewhere ? As mine just moves around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in