207 1.6 (150) xs sports - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-05-13, 04:22 PM   #1

Default 207 1.6 (150) xs sports

Hi all,

I am after some expert advice on how to go about inspecting and possibly buying a 207. I am anxious after reading some of the reports on this forum of the potential problems that may be inherent with the car. It's a 2008 plate done 20k miles with FSH. CAn you please advice what I should be looking out for and what questions I need to ask, that is apart from the obvious ones.
Wingers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-05-13, 05:22 PM   #2

Default XS Sports

I can't claim to be an expert so I would hesitate to to put you on any bum steers....so I won't. But there is one thing to remember. There are many types of vehicle forums from owners clubs to ones like this. People tend to post on here looking for answers or at least advice regarding problems they are experiencing with their vehicle. Very few if any people are going to bother to post the news that they have just bought a car and there is nothing wrong with it....or that they've had a car for 5 years and never had a problem! So what you get is a preponderance of posts about problems and rarely anything about trouble-free motoring so you get a skewed view and the impression that 207's are very unreliable and liable to break as soon as you've driven out of the showroom!

While I'm not an expert I am experienced with ownership of Peugeot cars. Here's my history....

!996-2000 106 1.1 (new). Problems...none really. Parts purchased...Front tyres and pads and exhaust back box. 2 MOT passes with no advisories.

2000-2010 206 1.4SE (new) (I had it for three years and then my wife claimed it for the rest of its life) Problems....failed injector (5th year)...had to buy the whole lot as not available separately (185) Front pads and tyres. Had shoes checked after about 5 years....no problem. In ten years this car never even blew a bulb nor needed an exhaust after 87k miles!. Still running well after 10 years but was starting to look very tired. Wife got 1200 quid for it in Part X against a 2 year old Chevrolet. In 10 years never failed an MOT!

2003-2007 307 1.6 110BHP petrol Rapier (new). Problems....none. Parts needed....front pads and tyres and one brake light bulb (although I changed both) 74k miles in the 4 years I had it. Passed two MOT's with no advisories.

2007-2013 207 1.4 16v 90BHP A/C. (new) Problems....brake light switch (30 odd) Other problems...none. Parts needed, front pads and full set tyres after 4 years. Best car I ever had in 43 years of driving. Why did I get rid of it....got bored with it...like an old pair of shoes! Ran as sweet as a nut for much longer than I normally keep cars. And I still miss it!

2013 present 207cc 1.6VTi GT 120BHP. 3 years old (59 reg) First used car I've bought for 25 years (because I'm retired now and can't afford new cars at this level) 21k miles. Bit of a problem with a well known fault of a rattling roof. Sorted with the help of a few kind souls on here. Only had it 2 months so can't be definitive but so far I love it.

So the moral of the story is ......remember the reason why most posters post on here! Take what you want from my history but as a result of it I would have no hesitation in recommending any Peugeot model that I have had, especially the 207. Go and get one!
Davrobate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-05-13, 07:43 PM   #3

Default 207 1.6 XS Sports

Thanks Davrobate, I have opted to check it out and if it drives as good as it looks I will be buying. Its a private sale so have to be doubly careful. Do you know what the difference is berween the XS model and the GT?

Old 13-05-13, 10:33 PM   #4

Try this link Wingers. Peugeot 207 Hatchback (06-12) Car Review - Facts & Figures | Parkers
shep64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-05-13, 07:23 AM   #5

Default 207 1.6 XS Sports

Thanks a lot, that link was very useful, never realised there is so many different models
Old 14-05-13, 09:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingers View Post
Thanks a lot, that link was very useful, never realised there is so many different models
No problem,also check everything does its thing,my 207 1.4 Vti has rear speaker pods but no speakers(Peugeot spec)and headlight leveller switch seems to do nothing.Also ensure your spare wheel is included in spec or you'll end up with a can of tyre filler in the boot instead.
shep64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-05-13, 11:44 AM   #7

Thanks Shep64 - brought the 207 home last night, drove really well and everything seems to be ok. The only thing I found missing is the owner's handbook, if you come accross one for sale please let me know.
Old 15-05-13, 11:44 AM   #8

Took your advice and got a 207 - no regrets so far, very nice car.
Old 15-05-13, 06:52 PM   #9

Default 207 Owners manual

You can try freepdfb.com/pdf/peugeot-207-owners- manual for a free download.

I'd scan it first though as I've never actually used the website myself but it looks ok. There are other sites that offer free downloads and if I can remember the adresses I'll post them too.

Enjoy your motor!
Old 15-05-13, 07:13 PM   #10

Default 207 owners manual

Yeah, if you google' peugeot 207 owners manual free download' quite a few sites come up offering just that (too many to list here). I'm sure you already know this but just make sure you uncheck all the boxes so you are not downloading all kinds of other crap along with it! I know' I've made that mistake myself.

The hatchback handbooks are all the same whatever the model with a lot of 'depending on model' information, or at least they used to be. Only the cc has a dedicated one. If you don't fancy downloading one I'm sure your local Peugeot dealer could get you one although I've no idea how much they would charge.

You can also download a workshop manual for 9.99 from emanual or order a hard copy from Amazon for the same price (Haynes) It covers the 1.4 16v...1.4 Vti...1.6 Vti ....and 1.6 Vti Turbo engines as well as all the other usual stuff. I got that for my last car, hatchback, but it still has useful bits here and there for my cc such as brakes, suspension etc.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in