207 1.4 VTI loss of power all the time!! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-01-18, 07:44 PM   #1

Question 207 1.4 VTI loss of power all the time!!

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, im new. I have a 207 1.4vti 2008. It is very low on power (All the time), doesn't like between 2500 and 3000 revs, wont rev above 5000 revs. I have the occasional fault code for misfire, and did have a code for cam sensor occasionally (Even after it was replaced). I also get O2 sensor fault sometimes. I have replaced the coolant temp sensor (For the ECU, not the gauge), MAP sensor. Ive also done plugs and 2 coils recently. My Bosch diagnostic tool is telling me that the actual throttle valve is only moving 6 degrees, where it wants to be around 150 degrees, and that on the throttle valve potentiometer i have around 500V!!!! where can it get 500V from??? This could be that my machine is reading it wrong, as i have no idea where that sort of voltage could come from (Apart from ignition coil). I have no idea where to go next, what do i do???? Any common faults i have overlooked? Any help greatly appreciated!!!
actimelryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-01-18, 07:49 PM   #2

Water in Wiring issues.
Old 16-01-18, 08:25 PM   #3

Hi, thanks for the quick response! ive checked in the ECU plugs, all are bone dry with no corrosion. Anywhere else to check?

Old 17-01-18, 10:32 AM   #4

what was the cam sensor code?
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-01-18, 12:55 PM   #5

P1336. Iíve replaced the cam sensor and checked the timing (which is correct). The code hasnít come back for a while but did come up after replacing the sensor
Old 17-01-18, 04:01 PM   #6

UPDATE!! - I checked once again (in the daylight this time) at corrosion at the ECU terminals, to which I had corrosion. This made no difference. Is it likely to have damaged the ECU and should I get it tested??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in