207 1.4 HDI cutting out no EML codes - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By muscleriot
  • 1 Post By Phil McNeil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-08-19, 07:04 AM   #1

Default 207 1.4 HDI cutting out no EML codes

I'm wondering if you can help me with a problem with my 2009 207 1.4 HDi. It cuts out on me on a regular basis. This can be when I'm starting or while driving the car cuts out and it takes several seconds until I get a couple of beeps and the anti-pollution fault up. Most times that it cuts out when driving is just after I've been through a roundabout for some reason. Once i bring the car to a halt and switch off the ignition it always starts again (so far) as if nothing was wrong, same when it when starting it will start then cut out straight away but starts no problem 2nd time. EML always on when it cuts out but disappears when restarted. It is intermittent and can go 2 to 3 days with it not doing it driving 60 to 70 miles a day.
Garage says there are no codes stored in the ECU so not sure what's wrong
SGBarrie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-08-19, 07:19 AM   #2

If the engine management light goes on I would think it must be putting out codes. Could be anything otherwise. My mates Renult megane car had similar odd cut outs, it was the air compressor seizing on the drive pulley as it wasnt gassed properly and was seizing up. Then he had similar problems when a coil pack started failing. Need to get it scanned properly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
SGBarrie likes this.
muscleriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-08-19, 08:31 AM   #3

Its a weird one. I think the EML is actually only on as the car has stalled and engine is off. Same way its on before you start it because as soon as you start it disappears after 5 seconds as normal and no codes saved.
My gut feeling is its a fuel issue (pressure regulator?, sensor?) but as you say it could be anything. Hoping to get a PP scan shortly.
SGBarrie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 28-08-19, 04:31 PM   #4

I would go with a faulty earth cable and earth points
SGBarrie likes this.
Phil McNeil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in