207 1.4 16V Petrol LHD - I Broke my wives indicator stalk - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-17, 10:25 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207 1.4 16V Petrol LHD - I Broke my wives indicator stalk

We purchased a 207 a few months ago as a run around for my wife. It's a nice improvement over the 206 she used to have. A couple of weeks ago climbing out of the car i broke the end of the indicator stalk . Now it's hanging off, although it still works if you put it back in apply some pressure and turn the lights on/off.

Last Sunday I reversed the car to clean it, and then drove it forward again after I'd finished. Monday morning and it would not start, it would turn over but not catch. Tried again at lunchtime, no joy.

Called the Peugeot dealership in Figeac, France and they said that they could not recover it as the main driver was on holiday!

Anyway tried it Tuesday evening and it started. My wife took it to the dealership, they plugged it in and said that the key was not recognised due to an intermittent fault in the unit as a result of the broken indicator stalk.

My wife said can you repair it, of course they can for about 600. 520 of which is for the replacement control box 96661306XT.

If I buy a replacement of ebay for example can I swap over the indicator stalk. There is one on Ebay but it has only two connectors and I need one with three plugs.

If so my wife is worried about it not resolving the intermittent problem now caused and may affect airbag deployment.

Any one with any views or ideas?

Cheers
marcus28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-17, 11:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus28 View Post
Last Sunday I reversed the car to clean it, and then drove it forward again after I'd finished. Monday morning and it would not start, it would turn over but not catch. Tried again at lunchtime, no joy.
I have seen this before when a car is started cold to get out of garage then started cold again to put back in. Too much fuel vapour left in the cylinders, otherwise known as a flooded engine. You can usually overcome it either by leaving it to evaporate as you did, or floor the accelerator pedal while cranking the engine. I am doubtful of the garage's explanation!
eyemdee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-17, 11:38 PM   #3

Try this Ebay listing to fix your stalk.

I agree with eyemdee - the mechanic saw a broken stalk, put 2 and 2 together and got 5.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in