207 '07 dip beam and climate control - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-17, 04:50 PM   #1

Default 207 '07 dip beam and climate control

Hello all! I have a couple of issues with the 207 at the moment. The dip beam isn't working. I've checked the fuses and the fuse connectors in the fuse box and the power is there. But at the headlight there is none for the dip beam. So looks like a wiring or earth connection issue. Anyone had similar issues and what did you find? Any typical areas to check?

So the second issue is the fan isn't working in the cabin. I can change the fan power on the climate control display. I can change the direction on the display and hear the motors going but nothing comes out of the vents. Fuses all checked out fine. Any ideas?

Any help muchly appreciated... thank you!
Twohoots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-17, 03:19 PM   #2

could try a bsi reset, as for the lights i would run my own earth just to check first.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-17, 07:41 PM   #3

Also check under bonnet fusebox as water ingress can cause issues and one symptom is issue with lights

Old 03-08-17, 09:30 PM   #4

Thanks! I checked the fuses in the engine fuse box, they looked fine but changed them anyway, got 14+ volts at both slots. Tested the connection at the lights and the full and side lights had power but the dip didn't either side. Could the fuse box show voltage but the soldering underneath be bad? Thinking about it if the earth was bad it would affect all the lights? I think I'll get another board and see if that works.

Does anyone know where the resistor is for the heater blower on a 207? I've tried to get the motor out but I can't wiggle it out, it's too tight, so I thought I'd try changing the resistor to see if that would give me some air.

Any help muchly appreciated... Thank you!
Old 03-08-17, 10:05 PM   #5

Lift the fuse box inner and look at underside of fusebox. Its not just a fuse box it has integrated relays etc internally.

Speed controller is on back corner of heater box on passenger side. You can access from footwell, its a pig to get out two small screws hold it in place.
Old 04-08-17, 05:52 AM   #6

Thanks windy! I think I've found the resistor... awkward or what! Is it possible to get the blower motor out without taking the front dash off? Just perseverance or impossible?

I'll get the fusebox inner out and I'm presuming I can check the joints for voltage? It will be this weekend before I can do more more now.

Thank you
Old 05-08-17, 04:39 AM   #7

With the dip beam, when you pull the stork towards you does the Blue HB indicator light up in the car's instrument cluster? If so then you can chase the fuses or check both globes for a start.

If the Blue HB indicator in the dash doesn't light up, you may have a worn out stork, if your tech savvy you can dismantle the stork and clean the brass contacts re-grease it and it should work.
to view how to remove the stork "YouTube " is your friend.
Old 05-08-17, 07:19 AM   #8

Hi Harga, yes, when I pull the stork towards me the blue light comes on in the dash and the high beam lights work. There's power at the fuses and the fuse holders on the fuse box for the dip beam, but nothing at the wiring connector where it plugs into the light. Side and main beam power all check out ok and both work no problems. I'll get the fuse box off this weekend and see if I can trace the wiring for the dip. Thank you
Old 05-08-17, 05:12 PM   #9

Wow that's really weird, let us know what you find ;-)

All I can think of is perhaps one of the High Beam globes has melted internally and causing a direct short inside the globe itself. I had this once and it took us ages to find the problem.
Old 06-08-17, 08:48 PM   #10

Hi, I've done some more checks with the wiring diagram in the manual and there is power to the headlight connection but only 1 or 2v at the dip beam bulb holder connections (high and side bulb holder connections are 14+v) so I'm presuming the fault is in the wiring inside the headlight unit itself (sound familiar Harga?). Do the headlights come apart? Odd that both dip beam lights aren't working. There doesn't look like any corrosion on the contacts, are these lights known melt in side?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in