2010 207cc Rear Wheel Bearing - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-18, 12:05 PM   #1

Default 2010 207cc Rear Wheel Bearing

I've been told by Midas that I have a rear wheel bearing on the way out, and they quoted me $700. I need to replace the pads anyway, so I thought I'd buy what I need (jack, axle stands, socket set, various chemicals etc) and have a go myself.

I ordered an all-in-one pair of rotors with built-in bearings and pads off eBay (contacted the seller first with my VIN to be safe beforehand) for $200 delivered. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Peugeot-...72.m2749.l2649

Youtube has taught me a lot (ChrisFix in particular), but something I can't find out about, are the rotors and bearings ready to fit as delivered, or do I need to lubricate/add grease to the bearing first?
capt_kremmen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-08-18, 02:16 PM   #2

you will need to grease the stub axel, make sure your new disc/bearing has the abs ring. You will need a breaker bar or air gun to undo the bolt and a 36mm socket. (300nm)
Dont forget some brake cleaner to clean it all up.

note one type of the calipers has a akward top bolt that you cant get a socket over, may round with a spanner so use water pump pliers or simular.

Sorry just looked at your ebay listing this part does NOT have the bearing built in so no good.

This is the kind of thing you are looking for https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-2...YAAOSwcB5ZEN5t
but note there are 2 sizes lucas/bosch, so either take a pad out to check or remove cap and mesure.

Last edited by stripe88; 29-08-18 at 02:29 PM.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-08-18, 02:19 PM   #3

Thanks Stripe88, can you please tell me what products I need? Do I apply them direct to the bearing rollers? I have a breaker bar, torque wrench, Torx bits, tap wrench and rattle gun, just never used them yet. The rotor has the ABS ring.

Old 29-08-18, 02:45 PM   #4

if you buy the rotors/discs with the bearings and abs ring, its just a job of removing the calliper and the big middle bolt, cleaning re greasing the stub and sliding it on.
you will need a wind back tool for the caliper piston if new pads going on.
Old 29-08-18, 02:48 PM   #5

Thanks I have a caliper compression tool, I just need to know the product used for greasing/lubricating the bearing. There are lots of different types of grease available. And will a small smear across the front of the bearing do the job or should I slap handfuls of the stuff on every side?
Old 29-08-18, 03:00 PM   #6

i just use that high temperature black stuff they use in cv joints etc, bearing will be more or less sealed so just smear it over, doesnt need packing.
Old 29-08-18, 05:42 PM   #7

The bearing does not need grease it is pregreased when built but you will need a little grease on the stub this is just to make it easy to fit this is not essential just makes fitting easier.

Most modern cars have 1 piece pregreased bearings nowadays.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in