2007 Peugeot 207: How do I remove the climate controls? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-10-17, 03:48 PM   #1

Exclamation 2007 Peugeot 207: How do I remove the climate controls?

I am in the process of replacing the bulbs behind the climate controls, and to do that I need to remove the entire unit. However, when doing this, I need to unhook the physical cables that are used to alter the direction of air and its temperature. The pictures below show these cables. How do I safely remove these so that I can pull out the unit?

imgur /a/NoHEO

The second picture clearly shows the cables I am talking about - the blue, green and yellow cables.

Thanks!

#####

EDIT: Solved!

It turns out that you dont need to take the entire unit out to replace the bulbs. I did have to pull out the radio on top and the button-panel below in order to acesss the unit. To replace the bulbs, you have to push the unit into the hole in the back to get space on all sides of the unit. Once you've done that, you can unclip the front panel from the clips on the sides, top and bottom - 6 clips in total. When you do that, the entire front comes off with the turning knobs. When you do this, the three buttons on top of the unit will likely fall out, as they're loose. There's a big plastic arm stretching the entire unit as well. All of this is likely going to come loose when you open the unit. There's a small spring under the plastic arm that is easy to lose as well. When you remove all these pieces - the buttons, arm and spring - you will be able to finally pull out the bulbs directly and replace them; All without unhooking the wires from the back. The trickiest part is getting the pieces back in place in reverse order. What worked for me was to keep everything in an upright position, and then hold all the pieces in place with a thin plastic card that I could easily remove once I'd positioned the front properly, while pushing the unit together.

Last edited by Launchy21; 31-10-17 at 01:43 PM.
Launchy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-10-17, 04:03 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Moved. Posted in wrong forum as stated at top of said forum. Please note forum not for general queries

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in