1.4 VTI Peugeot 207 antipollution fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stripe88

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-09-18, 09:23 PM   #1

Default 1.4 VTI Peugeot 207 antipollution fault

Hi,

I know there is a bunch of threads with "antipollution fault" problems but none of them are similar to mine.

At least I think so

So, I recently bought Peugeot 207 2008 with BMW-ish 1.4 vti PRINCE engine.
It has ~220 000 km on the clock

Car runs fine,ignition is OK,there is no loss of power,the temperature is OK,coolant level is ok, consumption is ~7.7-8.2l according to computer, etc but my check engine light is on and my fan stays on for about 5-10 min after I turn of my engine.

I did change oil and filters after I bought it and the car was hooked up to PSA diagnostics which first read cylinder 1 misfire error and camshaft sensor position (sorry I don't have specifics codes) but after my mechanic clear the codes I drove car for a day or two and the check engine went on again and after car was hooked up to diagnostics again there wasn't any error(s) and my check engine light was going on and off and eventually it stayed on

Could this be timing chain related maybe?

There is no noise from the chain however,no clattering,rattle etc but my mechanic suspects it's the timing chain or one of the tensioner of pulleys that triggers check engine light on the dashboard

I am baffled
Psychotron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-09-18, 10:28 AM   #2

many years ago we had all sorts of problems and codes and fan on after stopping, wont go into everything but in the end found a weak tensioner had let the chain bash and break the chain guide.

cant say its your problem but when all else fails chain would be the next thing to investigate.

found a pic of me checking the new tensioner
Gibbo likes this.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-09-18, 06:14 PM   #3

I've changed one of the coils that was bad (did not change spark plugs though,according to mechanic they are still good),antipollution error disappeared

I drove car fine for a 3-4 days and baaam...today while I was going to work the display throws antipollution fault again and check engine lights up on dashboard.

However, there wasn't loss of power,no limp mode,temperature was OK,no fan switching on this time,nothing,nothing and again NOTHING,car runs fine,it accelerates fine, there is no strange odors etc,etc but that antipollution fault and check engine light is driving me maaaaaaaad

I am going tomorrow back to my local garage for another round of diagnostics
Psychotron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in