1.4 hdi any good ? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-13, 08:22 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 1.4 hdi any good ?

While i run my petrol 1.4 206 i am saving for a 1.4 hdi which should be much cheaper to run. I did fancy the 1.5 dci renault megane, but on speaking with a mecanic today he told me to stay well clear has they have loads of problems and the peugeot would be better.
Is the 207 a much better car then the 206, i am only interested in the 1.4 hdi because of its cheap running costs. Thanks
bikesforme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-13, 08:35 PM   #2
jmkent

Not driven a 206, but the 207 1.4HDI is very good for economy, quite surprised me to nip around like it does and still get 53/54mpg! I agree with your mechanic, not for mechanical reasons, but because the turbo lag on that Megane 1.5 dci is truly appalling... you've got to rev it to at least 2500/3000 rpm before changing up if you want to keep going after, shocking compared to any other diesel around!!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-13, 10:54 PM   #3
Inactive User

Send a message via ICQ to chuckydozza

Hi ive got a 1.4hdi and its done 144k just had service gearbox an clutch and i love it very cheap aint sluggish she goes and wiked mpg too
chuckydozza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-13, 06:18 AM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckydozza View Post
Hi ive got a 1.4hdi and its done 144k just had service gearbox an clutch and i love it very cheap aint sluggish she goes and wiked mpg too
Sounds good, anybody had the 206 1.4 hdi and now got the 207 1.4hdi, if so how do you compare them both. Many thanks
bikesforme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-13, 08:32 AM   #5

My friend has the 1.4hdi with 40k on it and the gearbox is whining in 3rd so if i can offer an opinion it would be check the box thoroughly, apparently its common on them i looked on Ebay and there seems to be a lot of service kits for them.
He now wants a1.6.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in