1.4 Diesel - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-18, 10:41 AM   #1

Default 1.4 Diesel

Sorry to be back yet again, but I'm trying to narrow down the various issues with my 1.4 Diesel. I have Haynes, but it's a bit vague, particularly with wiring diagrams and electrical issues.

According to the driver's handbook, I have glow-plugs and a little orange "coil-shaped" warning light on the dashboard. Well - I don't have the warning light.
According to Haynes, I have glow plugs.

Handbook is also a bit vague about fuses - F10 / 30A is diesel solenoid valves and heaters, and Maxifuse 9 is Heating Unit (Diesel) which I assume is something different for sub-zero climates ?

Should I have that warning light, and if not, which fuse(s) should I be checking ? I'm a very long way from anyone with "proper" diagnostics, otherwise I would be happy to pay for an hour or so of expert assistance.

Cheers,
David.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-18, 10:17 AM   #2

I presume you have a starting issue as you talk about glow plugs if that's the case then it's probably not the glow plugs

What is the problem you are having
Old 07-01-18, 10:41 AM   #3

Good Morning Trustme - thanks for responding.

1.4 Diesel.
Car sometimes starts "on the button" - sometimes won't start at all. When this issue first began, I changed the diesel filter and checked all the hoses etc. No sign of any leaks or air in delivery pipes.
Had to abandon the car in Bath just before Christmas - just couldn't get it running. Went back on Friday with a spare battery and various other tools. Eventually - after lots of attempts (at least ten) the engine started. Drove back home with no (apparent) problems but daren't stop the engine !

Tried to start it again yesterday and it was not happy - I noticed that there was no little "coil" (glow-plug) indicator on the dashboard. It eventually started but took a lot of attempts.
Went out this morning - key in ignition - orange "coil" light on dash for about 2 seconds - started on first turn of key.

Haynes is useless for wiring schematics and the owners handbook is a bit vague about which fuse does what. I have had enough diesel engines in cars, tractors and boats in the past to know that glow-plug problems can be an issue in cold weather, but without proper diagrams or workshop manuals, it's difficult to know where to start the diagnosis.
Cheers,
David.

Old 07-01-18, 10:59 AM   #4

Its NOT glowplugs stopping it starting on these engines the glowplugs are NOT NEEDED for starting they are not needed on any common rail type engine.

They do help starting and warm up from cold but the lack of them will not prevent starting older engines needed them to start HDI engines do not if you dont believe this once you finally figure out what IS causing your issue unplug your glowplug relay and start it it WILL start.
Old 07-01-18, 11:15 AM   #5

Hi David,

you wont really see the little glow plug coil light on the dash if the temp outside is appx 3c or above as none of the hdi engines really need the glow plugs to start..
And even below that temp it will only light briefly,sometimes you need to be quick to see it

EDIT TO SELF ---didnt notice reliables post before me

dont know if there any use to you but i will post some wiring diagrams for the pre-heating system

screen-shot-01-07-18-10-56-.jpg

screen-shot-01-07-18-10-57-.jpg

screen-shot-01-07-18-10-57-1-.jpg

screen-shot-01-07-18-10-58-.jpg

Last edited by terry57; 07-01-18 at 11:20 AM.
terry57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-18, 11:16 AM   #6

screen-shot-01-07-18-10-59-.jpg

screen-shot-01-07-18-10-59-1-.jpg

screen-shot-01-07-18-10-59-2-.jpg
Old 07-01-18, 08:52 PM   #7

Sincere thanks for the advice - am happy to be persuaded that it's not a glow-plug issue.

Now that the car is back home and off the road, there's no particular hurry to get things sorted.
I'm reasonably sure that it's not a fuel problem - it's too unpredictable for that I think.
It is a 12 year-old car with 100k+ miles on the clock and has been properly maintained and serviced but .......... not surprised that things are starting (no pun intended) to go wrong.

Will see what happens tomorrow after a night out in the cold !!
Old 07-01-18, 08:56 PM   #8

Maybe lazy starter motor if it's still on the original one
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in