08 207 1.4 S water/oil leak problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-18, 06:02 PM   #1

Default 08 207 1.4 S water/oil leak problem

Hi - the engine is an 8 valve. Water and oil seeping out plastic thermostat housing. I'm I right looking at this housing that there are two chambers - one for engine oil - the other for coolant? It would seem that the housing is leaking both fluids and not coming from the head gasket that I originally thought.
mikebrock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-09-18, 06:09 PM   #2

I have the same engine and also the same problem with mine. Need to get the housing off, clean up and reseal. Hopefully the two havent mixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrock View Post
Hi - the engine is an 8 valve. Water and oil seeping out plastic thermostat housing. I'm I right looking at this housing that there are two chambers - one for engine oil - the other for coolant? It would seem that the housing is leaking both fluids and not coming from the head gasket that I originally thought.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
nimrod24983 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-09-18, 08:59 PM   #3

Ah right - must be a common fault with them - easy fix though. I just ordered a new complete housing for the pricey sum of 13 on eBay . Does anyone have the part number for the gasket?

Old 22-09-18, 11:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrock View Post
Ah right - must be a common fault with them - easy fix though. I just ordered a new complete housing for the pricey sum of 13 on eBay . Does anyone have the part number for the gasket?
Mine is my own fault for not tighening the nuts up quite enough after changing it. Broke the other one after trying to put a helicoil in.
Used a gasket sealant from ebay but i cant remember the name of it. (Its in a red tube)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
nimrod24983 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-09-18, 02:38 PM   #5

Got new part from eBay today - but with no gasket? Spoke with supplier and informed me no gasket is fitted? Phoned Peugeot parts department and they said the same thing... though gasket sealant is used.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in