07 207cc roof problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gibbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-03-15, 01:19 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 07 207cc roof problems

Hello all,

I've just picked up a 207cc which is running nicely apart from the fact the roof doesn't work. If you try to put it down it sounds like it's trying to work but nothing moves and the computer reads "roof movement not complete" or "roof mechanism faulty".

I've tried to manually put the roof down but had 2 problems.

1) How do you get the parcel shelf to come up? It says on the manual that there is a lock/plug you pull and then you can move it (similar to that in this video for 206 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbMLjCjD-H8) but I gave up trying to find it.

2) After I put the roof back up, it looks like the boot won't shut properly. I think this is related to do with the "U" pins you have to move up which lock the boot after you have moved it manually, is this normal?

If anyone has any general tips on what to look for in fixing the roof also, that would be massively appreciated! I am in Edinburgh and spoke to a Peugeot dealer, but they wanted ~100 per hour for diagnostics along which is a bit much for me at the moment. After I have 20 posts I will contact someone with Peugeot Planet but will try to fix it myself in the meantime.

Thanks for your time,
Jeff
Jeff9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-03-15, 08:21 PM   #2

no idea but a bit of reading here https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...unction-80498/
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-03-15, 12:51 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripe88 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I've searched through the forums a bit but haven't come across that thread. Seems like the best thing to do (for this and most of the problems I've read about) is to sort out a diagnostic from Peugeot Planet so I'll try to arrange that at some point.

Old 20-03-15, 01:39 PM   #4

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/
Jeff9 likes this.
Old 20-03-15, 02:12 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I'm considering buying my own, is this ebay link and a decent windows laptop all you need?
Old 22-03-15, 06:21 PM   #6
Inactive User

update:

After looking around a bit we found that hydraulic pipe 32 (pic attached) was burst. Does anyone know if this would explain the complete lack of movement when we try to lower the roof? I've found some replacements (for example HERE).

Also, does anyone know exactly what this pipe controls and how easy it is to replace?

Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
burst-cable.jpg  
Old 24-03-15, 09:37 PM   #7
Inactive User

The pipes are quite easy to replace, I got 2 new pipes 32 & 33 if memory serves me right
Welcome To Cabriolet Roof Hoses.hydraulic roof hoses manufactuer is where i got the hoses, very quick service
the roof hydrulic oil is the same oil as Merc self levelling suspension fluid ZM-H Febi, 1 ltr 8 from GSF, just need to spend some time stripping out the lining of the boot so the pipes can be removed, the hose numbers are marked on the pipes,pump and the cylinders. hope this helps.
Bassai
Bassai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-03-15, 12:55 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassai View Post
The pipes are quite easy to replace, I got 2 new pipes 32 & 33 if memory serves me right
Welcome To Cabriolet Roof Hoses.hydraulic roof hoses manufactuer is where i got the hoses, very quick service
the roof hydrulic oil is the same oil as Merc self levelling suspension fluid ZM-H Febi, 1 ltr 8 from GSF, just need to spend some time stripping out the lining of the boot so the pipes can be removed, the hose numbers are marked on the pipes,pump and the cylinders. hope this helps.
Bassai
Thanks for the reply. Good to know that it's not too hard and just need to strip out the lining of the boot. I found the oil (I think, FEBI SELF LEVELLING SUSPENSION FLUID 980ME0010) so that's saved me some money!
Old 08-04-15, 04:46 PM   #9
Inactive User

Hi Jeff, its quite easy, there are screws that retain the pipes in place on both the pump and the cylinder, the thing for me that took the time was removing the boot lining, once this is clear removal is quite quick, beware the screws are small with a fine tread 3mm i think, dont drop one and loose it like i did hope this helps.

sorry couldnt reply via PM as I dont have enough posts.
Bassai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-15, 04:59 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassai View Post
Hi Jeff, its quite easy, there are screws that retain the pipes in place on both the pump and the cylinder, the thing for me that took the time was removing the boot lining, once this is clear removal is quite quick, beware the screws are small with a fine tread 3mm i think, dont drop one and loose it like i did hope this helps.

sorry couldnt reply via PM as I dont have enough posts.
Thanks very much for the reply, I really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in