07 1.6 hdi crank big end bearings - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-13, 09:54 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 07 1.6 hdi crank big end bearings

HI,
i have a 207 1.6 hdi and i suspect the big end bearings have gone because its knocking and the crank does not rotate proply seems to have a lot of play in it and i also have a video of it running hoping i could send it to someone for advice many thanks
idc 206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-13, 09:57 PM   #2
Inactive User

If its knocking from the bottom end its strip down and rebuild or new engine time matey
Brigsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-13, 10:00 PM   #3
Inactive User

i know its big trouble i tried to send davidireland a pm but wont let me without over 20 posts to try and send him the video to see what he thinks

Old 11-03-13, 10:46 PM   #4

David ireland seems to have a severe dislike of that engine

You may not like his reply
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-13, 10:52 PM   #5
davidireland

Ah come on, you're all being very hard on me. I've a dislike of the way people mind them is all.
I'd be interested in finding out if actually the big ends are gone. I've never seen this happen to this engine and I've had the pleasure of working on it since it came out in 2004.
Few questions, What mileage? What oil was used?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-13, 01:03 PM   #6
Inactive User

the milage is 65000 and too be honest dont know what oil has been used in it as i had bought the car from an auction of all places and oil is pissing out of the crank seal timing end
Old 12-03-13, 01:11 PM   #7
davidireland

Default Re: 07 1.6 hdi crank big end bearings

You've bought some heap so. Someone elses grief. Best thing, get a secondhand engine and fit it. Don't go near the one thats in it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-13, 02:06 PM   #8
Inactive User

you are right there davidireland my own fault though for not looking at the car will do that will get it done tommorrow just curious to what has happened to that engine because the turbo is fine may be oil pump fault ? any way thank you davidireland will let you know how i get on
Old 12-03-13, 03:24 PM   #9

Default Bottom pulley?

Now a couple of people in the past have told me about the crank pulley rubber buffer breaking up and the harmonics from that would have you maybe think, and with good reason the bottom end may have picked up.

I can honestly say having heard it myself it is possible that you may instantly think it's the crank gone.

It cost me 85 for a genuine one for my 110 hdi.
Fony_Tony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-03-13, 01:05 PM   #10
Inactive User

wish it was that simple trust me its not the pulley any way update time have spoken to the last owner of the car today and he has told me that the oil temp went in to the red and he ended up being broke down he than got picked up and taken back to the garage were he bought it from and they told him the crank was shot and they were not going to repair it so he had another car off them ,The question i would like to ask is why would the oil temp shot up like that and than the crank or bearings to go ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in