Ď08 key fob not working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-18, 06:51 PM   #1

Default Ď08 key fob not working

Hi all

I have just acquired a 207 but the central locking will not operate from the key fob. Iíve replaced the batteries in the keys and followed various posts Iíve found on here but to no avail. Itís all works as it should using the key in the door and both keys will start the car, I just canít lock or unlock using the key fob.

Iíve also taken the shroud off from under the steering wheel and unplugged the grey plug but this also made no difference. Thereís no one local to me on the pp map so not sure what next step is, I donít want to buy and change the unit containing the indicator stalks if this isnít the problem.

Thought please. Thankyou. Matt.
matt268uk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-18, 12:21 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt268uk View Post
Hi all

I have just acquired a 207 but the central locking will not operate from the key fob. Iíve replaced the batteries in the keys and followed various posts Iíve found on here but to no avail. Itís all works as it should using the key in the door and both keys will start the car, I just canít lock or unlock using the key fob.

Iíve also taken the shroud off from under the steering wheel and unplugged the grey plug but this also made no difference. Thereís no one local to me on the pp map so not sure what next step is, I donít want to buy and change the unit containing the indicator stalks if this isnít the problem.

Thought please. Thankyou. Matt.
Have you tried putting the key in the ignition, then turn key to first position (i.e dash lights on but not starting the engine) then hold the fob lock button for 20 seconds??
fatboyslim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-18, 12:50 AM   #3

Yep have tried that one already. I think I probably need a pp scan but thereís no one around.

Old 07-04-18, 07:59 AM   #4

Had this problem for 2 years and still not solved it. Be interested to know if you end up having better luck.
scoey1001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-18, 10:34 AM   #5

sounds like a fault with the key, any good vehicle locksmith should be able to fix it.

if you are close to bradford west yorkshire im happy to help
Old 07-04-18, 10:54 AM   #6

# scoey
yea sorry havnt been much help but the fob still working fine, but if you want to play i would tape up a couple of aa batterys (3v?) and solder them to the board, i would then short out a switch and get in range of the car.
then use something like a cocktail stick to start poking around the board, see if the car opens. Sure its a dry joint somwhere.

#matt
you need to know if the fob is sending a signal, dont think pp2000 will show that, does it work if held next to ignition barrel?
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-18, 01:04 PM   #7

@trustne that would be great but I’m on the south coast unfortunately.

@stripe88 no it doesn’t work at all. It’s with both keys too which I find hard to believe they’d both go down.

The car has had a new battery before I got it as I see from service history but have also been through the battery disconnect reset process.
Old 10-04-18, 09:41 AM   #8

I've soldered quite a few key fobs over the years, my own family friends etc...and I've only come across a couple that were completely fried.

You do need the right soldering gear, a very fine tipped soldering iron and flux but if you have the skills or know someone who can solder fine stuff get replacement switches off FleaBay remove the old one's and replace and run over the legs on all the chips.

My 207 sw had the same problem, it went from randomly working to dead. The key could still start the car which meant the transponder was fine. Once I replaced all 3 switches and reflowed the chips it worked fine and still does. The problem lies in the pressing of the thumb. Not only does the switches eventually screw up but the heavy pressure and twisting of the key when starting the car can slightly warp / twist the key fob board hence you get dry joints slight cracks in the solder. Like I said a quick reflow of the solder joints can sometimes fix the problem.

If all else fails, there is a company on Fleabay that sell replacement key fobs cut (send in photo's of your original cut key) and the correct transponder board and new fob case for £21. Then take the newly cut key and fob to a car locksmith and get them to reprogram up the fob for about £40 , half the price

Last edited by maxtor154; 10-04-18 at 09:51 AM.
maxtor154 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-18, 09:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt268uk View Post
@trustne that would be great but I’m on the south coast unfortunately.

I would just like to point out that people like trustme are the experts on key fobs were as I would class myself as just been good at hobbyist level soldering and reworking/ reballing. What I did worked for me but if you say "both keys" stopped then you'd have to be ultra unlucky or the problem lies elsewhere and not the fob.

You've got 2 , send one up to trustme let him have a pop at it

Last edited by maxtor154; 10-04-18 at 10:08 AM.
maxtor154 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-18, 10:48 AM   #10

agree, dont see many components dead on a low voltage board.

heat gun, solder paste and flux is the way to go, but does take some skill, i didnt want to go that way as didnt want to risk the pats chip getting damaged as only got 1 key.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in