Voice activation 2008 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 2008 > 2008 (2013-2019)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By storeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-16, 01:04 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Voice activation 2008

I have just bought (April 8) a new 2008 Active from Trinity Motors, the Wexford dealers. I love it. The bells and whistles are marvellous, I particularly like the cruise control though I have not yet used it on a long drive. The Active has Bluetooth and it works intuitively but one thing I could really use is voice activated dialling. My android phone is configured for it and it worked well with a Renault/Parrott in my last car. The law in Ireland is very strict on use of mobile phones in cars, picking one up is enough to break the law.

Is there any way of activating it in a 2008? This seems to be possible in other Peugeot models but perhaps not on the 2008. I only want to contact my phone, I do not have satnav built in and I don't need to control the radio by voice. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Last edited by bcoulter; 10-04-16 at 09:10 PM. Reason: I was chided by the Guide for New Members. Accepted!
bcoulter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-16, 08:36 PM   #2

May require activating with Diagbox.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...members-83170/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...01/#post459593
bcoulter likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-16, 09:27 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default Diagbox is not for for beginners

Thanks for your suggestion. I will wait a bit in case there are any suggestions less scary than tweaking with the Peugeot software and settings.

Old 11-04-16, 04:01 PM   #4

If there is someone near you with the diagnostics they can take a look to see if there is an option. My system has bluetooth + satnav but not too sure if it accepts voice dial - I think it has but not something I would really use. The phone directory is displayed on my screen and the numbers I need to use regularly are displayed in a list that is easy to pick from using the radio or the remote stalk (I think). It's not really scary changing a setting in the software. If the option is there then it's a simple matter of changing it's status from disable to enabled and saving that change

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-16, 09:33 PM   #5
Inactive User

Thanks for that. Nearest guy with Diagbox is 300km away. I will take it up with the guys who sold me the car. After all, it is only a few days old.
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in