Purchased 2008 Allure 2018 - No Parking Assist - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 2008 > 2008 (2013-2019)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-19, 11:51 PM   #1

Default Purchased 2008 Allure 2018 - No Parking Assist

Hi,

I purchased last year in 2018 in Australia Sydney a Peugeot 2008 2018 Allure and just this weekend it crossed my mind to try out the park assist and noticed there is no option to activate it.

I checked the hand book and it show's the parking assist button next to the driving wheel. I have called the dealer and he said to check the screen and I cant find any options to activate park assist.

I am worried I was sold the wrong model (maybe active which is not included on this model) When I was buying the vehicle the sales rep provided with the 3 models and only the allure and GT has this feature.

If someone could please provide their feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Oscar
felixdagrouc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-19, 04:57 AM   #2

Do you have the VIN / have you checked on Peugeot Service Box for the build information for your car to see if the park assist feature was fitted at the factory?

Australian spec cars are normally a little different from European spec ones, no passenger airbag disarming key switch being fitted is the obvious one as there banned down under due to your child seat laws.

If your don't have access to Service Box, many of us on here do & could look for you.

Last edited by Mr Lee; 05-03-19 at 04:59 AM.
Mr Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-19, 05:08 AM   #3

Thanks for getting back to me Mr Lee,

This is the VIN of the vehicle, *************9343. Thank you for letting me know about the differences. When I did some research and the sales rep provided me with a comparison sheet stating the three models the Active, Allure and GT, only the Allure and GT had Park assist.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon .

Last edited by stevoxsi; 05-03-19 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Vin edited

Old 05-03-19, 05:40 AM   #4

Cant see park assist listed on the build list for that VIN.
Old 05-03-19, 05:46 AM   #5

Interesting, So they sold me the Allure model with no parking assist, what is your thoughts on this? the reason I ask is becuase I though when purchasing this model it will included like all Allure models, I saw this on the website and sheet information I was provided.
Old 05-03-19, 08:05 AM   #6

Looks like the Peugeot roulette wheel spun between the compilation of that list and the building of your car.

You could take it up with the dealer - they may offer you a freebie by way of apology.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-19, 02:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanML View Post
Looks like the Peugeot roulette wheel spun between the compilation of that list and the building of your car.

You could take it up with the dealer - they may offer you a freebie by way of apology.
No, there's no "roulette wheel". The only time the roulette wheel spins is to add features on that you didn't purchase or get upgraded components.

It's the dealers fault, they sold a product with features they didn't order or was never included.

When placing the order, did you receive any paperwork and does it state which features the car will have?
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in