Peugeot 2008 BlueHDI 1.6, 5 speed gear problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 2008 > 2008 (2013-2019)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-11-18, 09:47 AM   #1

Default Peugeot 2008 BlueHDI 1.6, 5 speed gear problem

Hi guys,

So, just to say that I'm the huge fan of Peugeot cars , my father drove 105, 405, then I both 206, 307, 208, and I decided to buy a new Peugeot 2008 BlueHDI 1.6 100hp, 5 speed manual gear. Even with this problem I still love this car .

Ok, so, 2 weeks after I both this car, I started to hear a crunching sound (sound like crunching small stones, something like that) when I release clutch, car is working, standing and gear is in neutral position. When I press the clutch, crunching sound disappears, and again when I release clutch, crunching sound is back. That sound was quite in the beginning, but today after almost 7 months later, that sound is louder and I can hear it inside the car. So currently there is no whistling in that crunching sound. When I'm driving the car there is no problems, except, from time to time, I have a problem to put the gear into the first speed, which is very rear, but it can happen in the city drive, many stop&go situations.

I went to the Peugeot few times in the past, but they are telling me that, that sound is a normal valid sound , which I cannot believe, because I never heard it before on any other car. They are telling me that that sound comes from the gear, and that it is OK, and again it is the 5 speed manual gear. They even showed me on the other 2008 equal car, with 2km milerange, so it is a new car, that sound is present but again, sound is very quite.

Does anyone had/have the same problem? If yes, did you fix it, what is the solution, because, I cannot go to the other mechanic, and Peugeot wont fix it. I cannot go with reclamation, because they will, again show that new car as a proof that sound is normal . I have mechanic in my family and they are telling me that, that is not normal. So any thoughts?

Last edited by zordanmarko; 16-11-18 at 08:06 AM.
zordanmarko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in