peugeot 2008 1.2 egc parking problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 2008 > 2008 (2013-2019)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-07-14, 10:52 AM   #1
Inactive User

Unhappy peugeot 2008 1.2 egc parking problem

Hi all,

I have just received a peugeot 2008 egc 1.2 and i am having a little trouble controlling the speed of the car in first gear for parking.

what happens is that i take my foot of the break very slowly and nothing happens until the car decides to fully engage first gear and then it goes forward faster than required for parking.

Is this normal for a EGC box?

Hope someone knows a solution

Thanks
dan
df2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-07-14, 03:18 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hi Dan

I am looking to buy the 2008 1.2 egc or perhaps now hang on for the possible introduction of 1.2 thp automatic.

In answer to your question egc acts in this manner and can be jumpy, we hired a 1.2 egc for 2.5 days last weekend to test drive before buying. Pulling off from a standstill was fine but you have to be very careful when pulling of slow as the EGC system engages the gear in full (i.e. it does not balance the clutch vs gas for slow maneuverability, it can't) and when you apply some gas it jumps.

I found this to be an issue when reversing into a space in Gatwick at the weekend; Found a space and tried to reverse in with a van was behind me, it took me 4 attempts, going backwards/forwards dealing with a jumpy car, this put me off. I have been driving since 1979 so know what I am doing, not sure what the van driver thought. Perhaps I should fit a green P (forgiveness) plate if I buy the 2008 1.2 egc

Also in 2nd gear there were some issues, again as the gear is fully engaged one has to apply the gas ever so gently otherwise the engine says thank you for the extra gas and rewards you by jumping.

In summary (and to my knowledge) EGC gears are applied in full and not balanced by the car hence the jumpiness.

Overall the car was fantastic and we will be buying an Allure of some nature.
aro-rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-09-14, 09:01 PM   #3
Inactive User

I agree, I find the car very jumpy. I got this car for the wife, about a month ago and have done about 380 miles, I also drive it occasionally. The issue I also don't like, on a hill and when you release the brake there is roll back which is extremely dangerous I think. Thankfully, I live in London where the roads are mostly flat. But the poor response through pulling away and getting to the gears is really unacceptable. The same happens if you turn the eco button off. I'm going to take this up with the dealer, Robins & Day. Otherwise a nice little car.
2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in