One month in and.... - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 2008 > 2008 (2013-2019)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-18, 08:57 PM   #1

Default One month in and....

I've had the 2008 for 1 month now and after a bit of a disappointing start I really like the car.

The disappointments were when I got the car home I wanted to put my tools and work stuff in the back and struggled to get the hatch door open. I was prepared to live with this until I took it back for the 6 week checkup the dealer offers though I did phone them to make them aware this happened on the day I picked it up. Then on the first weekend we were going to go for a day out with the dog and the rear door just wouldn't open. The motor was working as I could hear it but nothing happened.

After trying for about 20 minutes I got the door open and stripped down the lock to find the plastic lever that is operated by a block on the worm screw driven by the motor Had broken on obe side up to a hole in the middle causing it to bend rather than pivot and release the lock.

I went back to the dealers who took it in and concurred with my suggestion that the lock needed replacing (I didn't mention I had stripped it down). Unfortunately they didn't have one in stock but managed to get one in time for the following weekend.

Add to that my first experiences with driving it for real. The 3 cylinder 1.2L with 82 bhp was a complete shock compared with the 1.6 92bhp hdi I was used to in the 308. This felt like a real let down but I decided to give the car a fair chance as I know the experience of driving a petrol engined car after prolonged use of a diesel is worlds apart. Jump forward two weeks and I am getting used to the car now. I am learning it's limitations and remebering the little petrol engine can't deliver the same torque as the slightly bigger diesel I now find it pleasurable to drive.

The entertainment system is far better than the RNEG I had in the 308 along with the USB and having flac support is more than I expected. Still not impressed with DAB but with 1500 flac files taking up around 60% of the usb stick I'm unlikely to need to resort to DAB.

The cruise control / limiter seems to work strangely in that when resuming or using the speed memory settings to speed up it quickly gets to 2mph below the set speed then gradually reaches the actual sset speed. Werird behaviour but it doesn't really bother me at all.

The mood lighting seems pointless though I do like the blue illuminated outline to the instrument cluster. I see little to no point with the footwell lights and the same with the illuminated roof though the wife really like the roof lights.

I personally prefer the radio stalk to the steering wheel controls. The most comfortable position for the steering column puts the controls in an awkward position for my thumbs so I tend to reach over and use the touch screen instead.

I kind of miss the onboard satnav though I did buy a new Garmin with lifetime map updates and traffic reports. While I still prefer the TomTom GUI and menu system, I fell out with TomTom for poor customer service which is one thing I value more than enything else. The Garmin does have some features the TomToms I've had in the past did not have which I have used which almost make up but I still prefer TomTom. I vowed never to give them another penny and I like to think I'm a man of my word.

Initial MPG figures are lower than I expected but each tank has returned better numbers than the previous so I guess that my getting used to the way the car works has something to do with it and could well result in figures closer to my expectations as my experience with the car grows.

I'm liking the car more as I use it more and so far I really do like it. It's stylish enough and it suits my needs so all in all I am very happy with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-18, 05:26 PM   #2

Have you got a GT line or Allure? I recently got a 8 month old Allure with delivery miles. I previously had a 2008 Active.

I was surprised to see that the Allure didn't come with stop - start technology. Like you I think "mood lighting" and footwell lights are pointless although automatic lights / wipers are useful features.
DAB radio works at less places than one on old car, can't figure that out!

I seem to have to adapt my driving technique and change up gears slightly later although it is the same size engine as the old Active. Acceleration seems slightly slower, Peugeot staff suggested that the "Ad-blu" could impact slightly on acceleration?

Is it me or is the tailgate heavier on new models?

Last edited by Cornwall2008; 06-09-18 at 05:29 PM.
Cornwall2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in