New Engines for 2008 ? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 2008 > 2008 (2013-2019)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-12-13, 05:44 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default New Engines for 2008 ?

Reviews keep mentioning new engines for the 2008 are going to be introduced sometime this spring.

A 3 cylinder turbocharged petrol engine has been mentioned by some.
Does anyone have any more info about this?
cc=1.2 ? When it might be available to order?
If it will have 6 speed gearbox ? Available with grip control?

Is there any info. about a new diesel engine ?

I am considering buying a 2008 but can't decide whether to order now or wait to see if new engines are introduced soon.

Thanks
Sumpong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-12-13, 09:58 PM   #2

hi their introduce yourself PLEASE

as for new engine a dont see it happening as psa/ford make the same engines together.even BMW

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_HDi_engine

Last edited by karl mcghee; 31-12-13 at 10:03 PM.
karl mcghee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-14, 08:49 AM   #3
chopper1192

The 1.2 turbo arrives on the continent in the next few weeks, here around March and going to replace the non turbo versions of the 1.6 Prince across the whole range. My Dad financed the production line where they're being built. We're less likely to see a new small bore diesel as the DV has just had a very comprehensive redesign and the new 1.2s run the diesels so close for economy it's probably not worth developing a much heavier,.more complex diesel smothered in ridiculous emissions kit..
karl mcghee, Sumpong and Nagaman like this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 19-02-14, 08:05 PM   #4
Inactive User

Do you have any more news about this ?

I emailed Peugeot-UK who tell me :

"There are no current plans for an e-thp 1.2 engine to be released. This may be something that is considered in the future."

Are they just being silly or keeping quiet about changes until announced ?

I don't know whether to wait or not.

Thanks
Old 03-03-14, 07:09 PM   #5
chopper1192

My dad hired a 1.2 turbo in France last week. A bit fizzy for his tastes, but he reckons its a decent motor.
Sumpong likes this.
Old 22-06-14, 09:50 AM   #6
Inactive User

Peugeot.fr tell me the new 1.2 turbo will be introduced to the 2008 range in July.

Peugeot.uk tell me the new engines will not be introduced in July.

So UK will be sometime after July, delayed ? months behind France (or Peugeot.uk do not know what is going on or do not want to disclose info.)
Old 22-06-14, 01:48 PM   #7

Do you really want to be the test mule for a new engine though the current engine has a few years under its belt with any problems hopefully ironed out during production.

The new engine is an unknown and until it has been driven in anger they do not know for sure how good it will be test miles and real life miles show up different issues.

The 1.6 diesels have a poor reputation for killing turbos and getting carbon build up I believe the main cause of this is too long service intervals they did not expect this to be a problem but it has turned into one.

The chain issues on the prince engine again that developed over time who knows what could go wrong with the new one !!
Old 23-06-14, 05:08 PM   #8
chopper1192

It's been available in PSA cars for 2 years in far eastern markets has the tubby triple, and isn't proving problematic, and the NA triple in Europe for nearly 3 years.

The current DV diesel is a detail redesign, so bears no comparison with the pre 2012 models. In any case, the problems with the original DV6 were mainly confined to the very early motors, which isn't surprising as the world's first 16 valve VGT turbo diesel. The bulk of the problems are owners that try to be clever and avoid dealer serving, and the wrong oil quickly kills them. It took a couple of years for the message to sink in that 5w/30 oil was ESSENTIAL. Ford, who used the same basic unit, had the same problem, and engine failure under warranty on a Ford which does not have a full Ford history get oil samples taken and analysed before Ford will pay the warranty. In the interests of economy, longevity, and most efficient use of materials, modern motors are machined to incredible tolerances, and you.can't just bung in any old oil, not even a similar grade, and expect to get away with it's a you would have done even 15 years ago. The bulk of DV failure a, especially as they age, are owner inflicted through a combination of technical ignorance, and overly clever attempts to try and save a few quid.
Sumpong and Nagaman like this.

Last edited by chopper1192; 23-06-14 at 05:22 PM.
Old 29-07-14, 03:25 PM   #9
Inactive User

@sumpong did you buy the 2008 in the end or are you waiting for the 1.2 thp ?

We hired the 1.2 egc Active for the weekend to try it out before buying, interesting car, very comfortable, I would go for the Allure with leather and the sunroof. btw 1.2 vti is a fantastic engine for its size and feels much bigger, hats off to the designers.

EGC... hmmm I am undecided, its exactly what it is and sits between a manual and a full auto. The key is to understand its full engagement and get over the fact it does not balance the clutch and gas like a human would do with a manual.

Question, has anyone compared the 1.6d egc to 1.2 vti egc. How does the extra torque help ?
aro-rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-14, 04:27 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aro-rat View Post
@sumpong did you buy the 2008 in the end or are you waiting for the 1.2 thp ?
I needed a new car and couldn't wait until Jan/Feb for the e-thp 1.2 so I have on order a 2008 Feline Mistral, e-hdi 115 in Amber Red.
I hope to pick it up Sept / Oct.
aro-rat likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in