Extend Peugeot warranty or third party? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 2008 > 2008 (2013-2019)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brilec

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-09-19, 11:04 PM   #1

Default Extend Peugeot warranty or third party?

Has anybody extended the Peugeot warranty and is it worth it, or is a third party warranty a better option?
Mikmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-09-19, 07:34 AM   #2

I extended the warrenty on my DS for two years with the Peugeot/Citroen one it was not much more expensive than a normal low excess full warranty.

It was worth every penny I had two keyless door handles and ecu, oil cooler and various other odds and ends (as I made sure anything I could find wrong was replaced before warrenty expired) they were all done with no argument or fuss using oem parts. I think total Bill's were just shy of 2500

Most third party ones will have an excess and may not use oem parts. Some of the wording for exclusions can also be open to interpretation. A friend had an Audi with third party warrenty. DSG gearbox failed and they had to pay 1700 towards repairs as Clutches (even in an automatic gearbox) were excluded as normal wear and tear item

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Last edited by windy1603; 16-09-19 at 07:38 AM.
windy1603 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-09-19, 06:15 PM   #3

If I was extending a warranty I would always go with the official manufacturers offering.

I have extended the warranty on my 308.

The 206 I had before - I extended the warranty for 3 years on it & the car never went wrong during years 4 to 6 - surprising as it made roughly 24 dealer visits for warranty repairs in year 3.

Old 16-09-19, 08:57 PM   #4

Don't bother with the 3rd party warranties. It's easier to wring blood out of a stone than it is to get money out of them.

Friend had an issue with the valve block on his automatic gearbox. Pug dealer quoted circa 1700. No issue, he has a WarrantyWise policy... and it has quentin wilson who fronts it... so what can go wrong?

Well firstly they refuted the claim, it's a DSG or SMG gearbox and those are specifically excluded. Firstly DSG is a trademark of Volkswagen Audi group & SMG is a trademark of BMW. He has a bloody Peugeot. On top of all of that, it's a slushbox, not a twin clutch auto.

Then they refuted the claim because under the terms, it's only the parts inside the gearbox which is covered, the valveblock is outside the gearbox Had to argue with them over this, took two weeks and even Quentin got involved. I literally took a photo of a tupperware container, with my car keys taped to the lid, closed the lid on the tupperware and asked if the keys are inside the tupperware container or outside. Yes seriously!!

They then sent me a servicebox diagram of the gearbox... which then just proved their own theory incorrect.... it was nestled deep in the gearbox. Own goal... claim paid out right?

Nope, they just outright said we have gone as far as they can and aren't willing to talk to us any further Sent a "letter before court action" for the full amount. That got them talking again, eventually paying out for the full amount.

It shouldn't have to be this bloody difficult!!
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-09-19, 08:38 AM   #5

Just about to buy my daughter's 2008 1.2 puretech, the base Active model. Only done just over 20k in the three years. She had it on personal lease, so either has to take it back and have them try to find every blemish to mark the value down, or buy it. As my wife needs to replace her aging 206SW, it makes sense for us to pay what she has to pay the dealer.

But having read a few horror stories of the timing belt in oil problems on this engine, should I get an extended warranty?

BTW, Peugeot want just under 200 for a year, best independent warranty price comes out the same or slightly more.

Last edited by Brilec; 27-09-19 at 08:43 AM.
Brilec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-09-19, 08:56 AM   #6

If it's got a full Peugeot main dealer service history then the Peugeot extended warranty would be the best option if you want to extend the warranty.
Have a read of what's covered etc before making your decision.

Make sure it's the genuine Peugeot extended warranty & not a dealer group specific warranty - some main dealers will try to push a customer to there own warranty instead of the genuine manufacturer one.
Old 28-09-19, 01:39 PM   #7

Bought from the Peugeot UK website. 199 or 19.90 per month for 10 months for this vehicle. Other quotes were actually higher.

My only problem is the attitude of my local dealer who seem to want to avoid all warranty work and get the punter to pay every time.
Mr Lee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in