Delays lack of information - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 2008 > 2008 (2013-2019)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chopper1192

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-13, 10:37 AM   #1
Inactive User

Angry Delays lack of information

Ordered on August the 17th after waiting some time dealer kept me informed with phone calls saying no info on anything.
Rang Peugeot UK to see if they could help, all cars ordered on before my date would be built by end of October delivered November.
This did not happen, sent email and was told car would leave factory on the 4th December for delivery end December told dealer they know nothing.
Some people who ordered after me by some time have taken delivery of car already Peugeot need to be a lot better at keeping people informed.
PS Got standard letter will get free tank of petrol.
jcproudlove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-13, 07:24 AM   #2
chopper1192

I got mine

In any case, what do you want them to say to keep you informed? "It's not built yet", "still not built", "not managed to bolt it together yet"...

Think yourself lucky it's not a Dacia Duster - folk are waiting 7 or 8 months, inky to find their brand new cars are already rusty.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-13, 10:56 AM   #3
Inactive User

Default what do you want them to say

I would like to be told the truth not promises to the future that is all. So far everything I have been told by Peugeot is not correct. Look at the Peugeot 2008 owners forum (or Peugeot 2008 hope to be owners forum) and see how many people are told different things, you are one of the lucky ones and have a vehicle which I understand is very good. I do not need to know if Pierre is tightening my wheel nuts just a build date and a good idea when it will arrive, not too much to ask.
Still I have my free tank of petrol and others now getting vouchers for accessories as well.

Old 06-12-13, 11:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcproudlove View Post
I would like to be told the truth not promises to the future that is all. So far everything I have been told by Peugeot is not correct. Look at the Peugeot 2008 owners forum (or Peugeot 2008 hope to be owners forum) and see how many people are told different things, you are one of the lucky ones and have a vehicle which I understand is very good. I do not need to know if Pierre is tightening my wheel nuts just a build date and a good idea when it will arrive, not too much to ask.
Still I have my free tank of petrol and others now getting vouchers for accessories as well.
Any large organisation can give anyone the runaround. The service you get largely depends on the individual you speak to. Frustrating I know...

Build time could also depend on specific delivery times for accessories etc and how the supply chain is running for those items. And one can't exclude that basic or less highly spec'd models could be on stock. I ordered a 208 GTi for my wife as a birthday present. I wanted the panoramic roof and so was given a deilivery date that was 3 months, vs. the following week for a model without the panoramic roof
britinbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-13, 02:23 PM   #5
chopper1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcproudlove View Post
Look at the Peugeot 2008 owners forum...
I'd rather not, it's full of chumps.
storeman likes this.
Old 17-12-13, 07:46 AM   #6
Inactive User

Question Arrived

Suddenly its arrived at my dealers have not seen it yet but apparently it looks great.
Was worried about the care of the build after receiving this email from Customer Care????????

Dear Mr Proudlove

thank you for your telephone cal lreceievd on the 5th December.

In realtion to your further comments, as your 2008 was due to leave the factory on the 4th December it would have already been built. This should be available by the end of Decemeber and KAP Eastbourne will be in contact with you once it is.

Tha nk you for taking the time to contact Peugeot,

Regards
Stuart Adamson
Customer Relations Manager
02476 884812

I hope with the success of this car a spellcheck might be added to Peugeots customer care folio.
Old 19-05-14, 04:13 PM   #7
Inactive User

It appears this isn't just an issue with manufacturers. Last year I bought a new VW Tiguan and had to ring the dealer to tell them it had been in their compound for a week! I suppose the big plus with VW was I was given a tracking number and a link so I could track it. Just as well as it might still be in the dealer's compound!
Fortunately my wife's 2008 was on the boat when we ordered it!
Geoffh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-14, 06:39 PM   #8
chopper1192

Wait for a new CRV will have been 14 days exactly, but then its made here. The days of manufacturers churning out thousands of cars and stockpiling them have long gone for a multitude of reasons. Pug got their fingers very badly burned by over estimating demand by a factor of 15 for the 1007 and I'm sure they'll keen not to repeat it.
Old 08-10-15, 12:57 PM   #9
Inactive User

Default free fuel

Like many others I'm waiting for my new car.
I'm new here I've read since I joined several referrals to "Free tank of fuel" how does one qualify for this?
emdee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-17, 05:51 PM   #10

was looking on the site - SUV Peugeot 3008 II Generation, some mad delays on there , 6 and 7 month wait for deliveries. Doesn't look good.
Roma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in