Alloy wheels discoloration ! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 2008 > 2008 (2013-2019)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-18, 12:04 PM   #1

Default Alloy wheels discoloration !

Hi

New to this forum but a regular member of other forums - good news as it means my car has been good.....

A couple of weeks ago all four alloy wheels on our 2008 stated to show areas of discoloration. I have attached an image. When touched it feels like something has reacted under the lacquer and has slightly roughened the smooth alloy surface. The vehicle has only ever been maintained by us or the dealer.

I intend to drop by the dealer this week and discuss. Any ideas what this may be, faulty batch of wheels ?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
img_20180812_124032-medium-medium-mobile-.jpg  
swanny65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-18, 07:26 PM   #2

I had the same on a 2013 2008 Active. The alloys had to be refurbished in the end due to a combination of this and kerb strikes.

The refurb company said there is a lacquer on the alloy wheel surface which if damaged can cause the result in your photo. A dog cocked it's leg on one of my alloys and it had the same effect!
Cornwall2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-18, 09:47 PM   #3

Result:

Dropped by the dealer a couple of weeks ago. They photographed the alloys and referred to Peugeot.

Dealer called yesterday to advise new alloy wheels authorized by Peugeot. Could we book in their fitting....
swanny65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in