Allowing Mirror Screen - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 2008 > 2008 (2013-2019)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-12-17, 03:35 PM   #1

Default Allowing Mirror Screen

Hello all. I just bouth Peugeot 2008 SUV model Active - lowest level of accessories. It come with simple radio - not having the Mirror screen functionality. I wonder if there is a way to upgrade or hack the radio to allow this functionality. I know that to allow GPS the radio requires additional HW modules, but for Mirror Screen I believe that need only SW upgrade (maybe I am wrong). After two days of googling and zero results, I am trying here.

My thinking is this - car is offered with 3 levels of accessories:

basic - simple radio
medium - same as basic plus Mirror Screen
advanced - same as medium plus HW GPS modul - build-in navigation.

Based on the brochure the basic radio can have Mirror Screen for extra fee. I cannot imagine Peugeot service man to do any difficult installations over the radio to allow the Mirror Screen, that would be not worth it. Should be some simple modification - perhaps only through the Engineering menu.

So far I tried to install Google Auto on my phone. After conecting to the car USB nothing happened. However I was able to display the Engineering menu - but I am missing the codes. I was not able to google anything about this - any code at all. Does anyone know? Thank you
vochomurka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-18, 05:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vochomurka View Post
Hello all. I just bouth Peugeot 2008 SUV model Active - lowest level of accessories. It come with simple radio - not having the Mirror screen functionality. I wonder if there is a way to upgrade or hack the radio to allow this functionality. I know that to allow GPS the radio requires additional HW modules, but for Mirror Screen I believe that need only SW upgrade (maybe I am wrong). After two days of googling and zero results, I am trying here.

My thinking is this - car is offered with 3 levels of accessories:

basic - simple radio
medium - same as basic plus Mirror Screen
advanced - same as medium plus HW GPS modul - build-in navigation.

Based on the brochure the basic radio can have Mirror Screen for extra fee. I cannot imagine Peugeot service man to do any difficult installations over the radio to allow the Mirror Screen, that would be not worth it. Should be some simple modification - perhaps only through the Engineering menu.

So far I tried to install Google Auto on my phone. After conecting to the car USB nothing happened. However I was able to display the Engineering menu - but I am missing the codes. I was not able to google anything about this - any code at all. Does anyone know? Thank you
Hi, I have the same problem. Android Auto is not on my radio. Which firmware to install to have Android Auto? I have a radio without navigation.
durbanes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-18, 10:43 AM   #3

Specify. The car is new. Model year 2018.
Radio without GPS version:

HMI version: 21.616.53.17.00
iMX version: x0101185_171122_16.1B116
V850 Version: W2.1_16.1S723

Is there another firmware that Android Auto can do?

Thank you very much.

Last edited by durbanes; 12-06-18 at 11:07 AM.
durbanes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 30-05-19, 01:46 PM   #4

I have a 2016 2008 1.2 engine I've been searching for a way to mirror phone to car. It's so annoying that android auto and mirror link are not installed on car. The technology was available years before. Google "Chromecast in car" and it looks like you can mirror your phone to display with a Chromecast or many other makes. Does anyone know if the unit in car has a R C A input if so it looks good. I have found other options but they're a lot more expensive.
Lollar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in