2017 Peugeot 2008 Issue filling to max/full - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 2008 > 2008 (2013-2019)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-12-18, 10:35 AM   #1

Default 2017 Peugeot 2008 Issue filling to max/full

Hi all,

My Fiancee has recently bought a 2017 1.2 Puretech Peugeot 2008. Both love it so far! One issue she is experiencing though is filling the petrol to the max?
She regularly does long commutes - 105 miles a day so she brims her petrol tank at the beginning of the week and ends up filling around the end of the week.
The one thing she keeps asking me as I have a 207 and the family have all had Peugeot for years is... "why can't I fill my cars petrol tank? I think I have filled it... It clicks off and when I pay and leave its at 3/4 mark" (or just over.. I have checked when she has said this)
So, I went to the petrol station with her and had a go myself. Now... my car does click off around the 40 gallon mark and I know I have got a click or two worth left of fueling until its full. Completely max... the absolute top. With her 2008 is a real challenge to get it there.... just under the full line.
Does anybody else experience this? Is it a common thing?

Many thanks in advance.

Matt
lockstock27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-19, 10:49 AM   #2

I have had the same problem with 2008 GT Line 1.6 BlueHDi. Usually it is ok on a flat forecourt. If the forecourt is on a slope the it fills full if the filling cap is on the low side of the car!
DavieG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-07-19, 08:57 PM   #3

I have the 1.2 but on a 2016 65 plate. Not sure if it has the same specification as the 2017 model but Im pretty sure the tank capacity is around 50 litres. I have found if I squeeze the nozzle trigger all the way I have difficulties filling it as when the tank gets up towards being full the nozzle auto shuts off quite a way before it is maxed. I got into the habit of only half squeezing the trigger when I had diesel to prevent foaming and have transferred that to the petrol pump and now my guage shows full after the first click.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 14-07-19, 01:02 PM   #4

No problems with mine, always fills to full any type of forecourt. Always fill on the the fast fill and stop on first click and its always reading full on fuel gauge....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in