2008 cv? noise when turning - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 2008 > 2008 (2013-2019)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-01-15, 07:07 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 2008 cv? noise when turning

Hi Guys, A newbe here! My wife has a 8 month old 2008 diesel with less than 20k kilometers. From day one she has a noise from the front axle when she locks hard. The symptom is exactly like a worn cv joint - it "grabs" when turning and clicks and strangely seems worse when it is cold (car and weather). It is getting progressively worse, and when I watched her back around our house today I could see the wheel "grab and knock" exactly as if the cv joint was faulty. My neighbour also has a 2008 diesel with exactly the same symptom, and the garage were able to get the same knock from a new 2008 on the forecourt. We have been back to the garage 5 times, they have had the car for several days, they have heard the noise, and today I was told by the service manager that "because several cars have it it is not a problem but a quirk!" (similar to the fact that they all seem to hate going into reverse gear!)
Because I am getting nowhere in the garage, I am going to start "tearing down soot" tomorrow but I was wondering if any other owners have had this or similar problem (or "quirke!"). She came with alloys and I'm wondering if the alloys could have a wrong spacing. Im at a loss, any imput would be much appreciated, Thanks N
NG2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-01-15, 08:07 PM   #2
Inactive User

I'm not sure if this is going to help, but there have been more than one recall on some 2008s because of a build faults affecting suspension and/or steering. My instinct is to say that your dealer should be able to confirm the relevance of this, but it seems the service manager is being less than helpful.

Perhaps you would be better going direct to Peugeot? - I asked about mine (including the VIN) and Peugeot were able to tell me what recalls affected my vehicle and which ones had been followed through by the dealer.. Make sure you mention the dealer's magnificent approach to fault diagnosis, of course.

Presumably, if Pugs started dumping engines all over the carriageway, your dealer would just say "because several cars have it, it is not a problem but a quirk!" My gasted is flabbered!

This link might be helpful .... http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls

Last edited by Tractorbob3; 31-01-15 at 08:17 PM.
Tractorbob3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-01-15, 09:50 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default Re: 2008 cv? noise when turning

Thanks Tractorbob for the reply - it was starting to get lonely out here! Many thanks also for the link and my vin number is included in at least one of the recalls. It has been recalled already but am not sure what for. (seatbelt and handbrake I think). Interesting that there are 3 recalls on front steering/suspension. And my "gasted is flabbered" even more than yours because I did contact Pugeot Ireland last week. I wont go into details but it isnt exactly seen as an urgent problem (I think the wheel has to fall off for that!) - and I am awaiting a call on 16th Feb to "arrange to have the car seen" .......................but I wont hold my breath!
Thanks again N
PS Anybody else out there?????

Old 01-02-15, 10:18 AM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG2008 View Post
PS Anybody else out there?????
Yes but most 2008 owners hang out at Peugeot 2008 Forums
Sumpong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-15, 11:28 AM   #5
Inactive User

Default thanks

Thanks a million for that - I have posted in other forum. N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in