2008 Centre Storage Box - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 2008 > 2008 (2013-2019)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tractorbob3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-01-15, 07:51 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 2008 Centre Storage Box

Can anyone tell me how to remove/partially dismantle the central console between the front seats, so that I can get access to the area of the bodyshell that sits directly under the storage box, please?

Whoever owned my 2008 before me has 'modified' the car by installing a home-made armrest that is an uncomfortable eyesore. The armrest sits on two long, vertical lengths of threaded rod that are screwed into nuts, then the bottom end of each nut+rod has been attached to what used to be called the transmission tunnel by Araldite (or something similar). The rods stick up out of the top of the storage box!

I need to get access to the fixing point so that I can either find a way to separate the nuts+rods from the tunnel, OR put direct turning force on each rod near the nut to see if I can separate them (attempting this from above the storage box just results in the rods flexing until I run out of steam), OR cut the rods off just above the nuts, but below where the bottom of the storage box used to be. I can then put a patch over the hole in the bottom of the box and use it for its original purpose.

Any suggestions/guidance/sympathy would be much appreciated!

Last edited by Tractorbob3; 31-01-15 at 07:53 PM.
Tractorbob3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-15, 09:03 PM   #2
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractorbob3 View Post
Whoever owned my 2008 before me has 'modified' the car by installing a home-made armrest that is an uncomfortable eyesore. The armrest sits on two long, vertical lengths of threaded rod that are screwed into nuts, Any suggestions/guidance/sympathy would be much appreciated!
Why buy the Peugeot 2008 when you knew it was fitted with a home made armrest that now looks like a eyesore? I think it would stood out in the first place when you got into the car,
Michaelk207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-15, 09:40 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelk207 View Post
Why buy the Peugeot 2008 when you knew it was fitted with a home made armrest that now looks like a eyesore? I think it would stood out in the first place when you got into the car,
Er ... I wasn't familiar with Peugeots or Peugeot 2008s and didn't realise it was a home made jobby until I got the thing home - it wasn't something I examined in detail when I looked over the car (I was looking originally for a Focus!). Anyway, this 2008 was hard to resist - about 10 months old, had covered less than 2k miles and was roughly one-third off the new price .... no brainer, really (which perhaps explains also why I didn't notice the armrest!) :-)

Anyway, with the help of my son (he did it, I watched) the thing is now out and although I have to admire the quality of the engineering in this home made masterpiece, I think the car is better off without it.

Last edited by Tractorbob3; 10-03-15 at 09:43 PM.

Old 11-03-15, 09:28 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Er ... I wasn't familiar with Peugeots or Peugeot 2008s and didn't realise it was a home made jobby until I got the thing home - it wasn't something I examined in detail when I looked over the car (I was looking originally for a Focus!). Anyway, this 2008 was hard to resist - about 10 months old, had covered less than 2k miles and was roughly one-third off the new price .... no brainer, really (which perhaps explains also why I didn't notice the armrest!) :-)

Anyway, with the help of my son (he did it, I watched) the thing is now out and although I have to admire the quality of the engineering in this home made masterpiece, I think the car is better off without it.
With only 2k on the clock and been 10 month old sound like a Motability Car, Don't tell me you did see the armrest when you had to sit next to it in the first place that's no brainer, and the Peugeot looks nothing like a focus if that is what you was originally look for!!
Old 12-03-15, 08:21 AM   #5
Inactive User

I'm sure you make some very valid points, Michael - it's just that I am not sure why you feel they should be made. I hope they give you a nice warm feeling inside. What would have been more useful, would be some practical help with the challenge that I faced, which is what I thought the purpose of this forum was intended to be. Anyway, I have managed to remove the armrest, so as far as I'm concerned, this exchange of views is over. Have a nice day! :-)
Sumpong likes this.
Old 12-03-15, 02:27 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
I'm sure you make some very valid points, Michael - it's just that I am not sure why you feel they should be made. I hope they give you a nice warm feeling inside. What would have been more useful, would be some practical help with the challenge that I faced, which is what I thought the purpose of this forum was intended to be. Anyway, I have managed to remove the armrest, so as far as I'm concerned, this exchange of views is over. Have a nice day! :-)
I was only making point on the mistake you made when you got your car, the purpose of this forum is to help members, but sometimes the topic can change and go off track and ask questions, "like how do you miss that" I am not picking on you as you think, If I was out of order the mods would come and put an end to it,

have a nice day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in