Peugeot Forums banner

2008 1.2 (110 bhp)

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Roma 
#1 ·
Hi, I am looking to buy a 2008 1.2 petrol 110 bhp (3 cylinder turbo). I have driven diesels for years and have enjoyed the economy which come with these engines however with all the bad press diesels are getting these days and the threat from the government to discourage this fuel type, I am investigating the petrol version. Can anyone give me some idea of the true mpg this engine delivers. I do about 20 miles per day which is a mixture of crawling traffic and a few miles at 50 mph so it is a truly mixed journey.

The dealers seem to be deterring me from this engine and are pushing the diesel but I am not sure whether to take their advice as they may have surplus stock if other drivers are thinking the same way I am.

I thought I would come here for some honest feedback from real owners.

Can anyone help?

#4 ·
I do about 20 miles per day which is a mixture of crawling traffic and a few miles at 50 mph
I wouldn't have thought a diesel with DPF would be suitable for that kind of daily drive. Could be I'm wrong with the latest incarnation of engines / filter / additive systems but for the older cars with a DPF this type of use would never regenerate the filter.

#5 ·
I agree the diesel is no good for short journey use as it would end up causing the troubles the engine gets its bad name for IE dpf clogged turbo vanes sticking lack of oil changes due to time between services causing carbon build up and ultimately a dead turbo.

In theory the diesel will do 60mpg and petrol about 40 so on paper it looks like diesel is best but in long term diesel is going to cost more to maintain.

Not sure how reliable these tuned to the moon 3 cylinders are either though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.