Peugeot Forums banner

Upper & Lower Balls Joints

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sfnett 
#1 ·
I recently acquired a Peugeot 407 (2007 2.0L Petrol Model).
The car is in immaculate condition barring the slight clunking of the right ball joint assembly. I've searched on the web for some affordable replacement parts.
My questions: 1. Are the ball joints standard for all 407 Models? 2. Could you recommend a dealer I could use.
PS// I reside in South Africa. Many thanks

#2 ·
The bottom ball joints are identical across the range.

Last time I used a genuine SKF part supplied by Euro car parts.

I'm told the cheapo eBay ones last longer -- probably because they use a regular sealed roller bearing. (The SKF toroidal roller bearings cannot be sealed because the races move relative to eachother.)

The SKF part comes with a detailed instruction booklet, including torque settings.

The SFK part does not come with new bolts. It is very important to use threadlock on the bolts; they are known to fall out if not.

#5 · (Edited)
I have tried cheap ebay and expensive replacement lower joints and non of them were lasting longer than 6 months, the last time One was fitted the mechanic said the shaft going into the bearing was worn so I got a new hub from the company that is mentioned in the "sticky" at the top of the forum. 2 years and 2 mot's later and still no clunk when parking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.