Peugeot Forums banner

Hacking a button on left indicator stalk ?

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Dzony 
#1 ·
Hello

Is there way to hack left indicator stalk button so that i could press it and use it for voice controls on my RT3 ? I retrofitted RT3 month's ago, but i would like to have voice commands, Since i can actually press it, but it feels like there is some kind of a plastic stopper to stop it from being pressed all the way down (like mirrors folding button, all that has to be done is to remove plastic from the inside of the switch, and you get folding mirrors on the same windows switch)
So i tough't that maybe somehow, i could remove the button (like installing bord computer button) And remove the the plastic (if there is one).

Anyone done this ? :)

Regards! :) :thumb:

#3 ·
Hmm, it is for auto lights on 307 if i remember it good, I'm asking about 407 a rt3 unit, it is used for voice commands, maybe i should change the whole com2000 for rt3 compatible one?

I have the sensor for rain and light, light automatically turns on when dark, but i had to enable it in pp2000 and now i can switch it on or of in my radio menu.

#10 ·
On my old 307 the auto lights function was on the left button with ign in accessory position and voice commands for RT3 when engine was running

#11 ·
As windy says the auto lights button is also for voice commands on the rt3 my comm was faulty and every time i had the lights on and turned a corner voice commands would come on it was more irritating than useful

I only ever got the bitch to change the radio to radio 2 once most of the time she either told me sorry or the directory is empty i have replaced the comm unit and i never press that button as i never want to hear her voice again :)

#12 ·
I know what the button does, i just need to figure out the way, to hack the button, i actually tried it on my friend's car, For example, 'Radio' and then '4'
And it changes the station to one that is remembered for the fourth one. :)
I find it really cool and useful. :)

#16 ·
Well, just a quick update .. I've disassembled my com unit, and made the button go up and down .. But sadly, there is nothing inside of the com unit to get pressed by the button, so i guess it was a fail ..: D
The only way to solve my problem is to change whole com unit, which i'm not going to do ..: D Thank's guys! :): Thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.