Peugeot Forums banner

Peugeot 3008 corrupted bsi files

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  IanML 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Ive got this 3008 11 plate. I was trying to fix my other identical car with heater blower not working issue.
So i took out my heater control panel and swap it to test the other control panel.
Dismantled the multi-display + radio + heater control panel. Then i swop the heater control panel coming from the other car. And i believe that i turned ignition on without connecting the radio and the display....

Then all has been mounted back as it was before.

Now my car developed loads of can communication errors with the following:
Radio
Display
Instrument clusters
Parking aid
Bluetooth

All of this are just coming up for 15 seconds then completely switching off. If i press one particular control button every 10 seconds they all will stay up.

All others run as normal, engine normal state, lights, doors, remote locking.

My diagbox shows me communication errors on each of the above mentioned equipment. They can be deleted but will come up in very next second scan.

I tried to "reset" the bsi several times with no results.

All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

Otherwise the local dealer is waiting for me tomorrow... :/

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I am just starting to get my head around Peugeots having had issues with my 307. I have no experience on the 308 but if its the same as the 307 (which has a VAN network not CAN) all of the faults you report relate to a fault on the comfort CAN network. I suspect that you may have bent a pin, if so one of the network legs will not be terminated (or shorted) which will mean no communication will be taking place back to the BSI or between each other..

If you have replaced the same items from the same car and it was working before it is most likely this is the cause. Check your connector pins with an eye glass or magnifying glass.

Good luck...

#5 · (Edited)
Nothing solved. I checked through all connectors again. All are in perfect condition. Fuses all good. Everything works fine for 10-15 second when i press one specific comand on dash, it even works continuously if i press same comand every 10 seconds... i asume is some software issue.
Just been in local dealer paid 3 hours work to be told they don't know yet what's wrong with it and they are asking for more paid hours to investigate... i asked for a simple update of bsi files, to be told they cant do that....

#7 ·
Problem solved.
Went to dealer and had to insist for new files in bsi... even had to guide them step by step because they didn't know how to do it... ))) pathetic. Unfortunately this hasn't solved my issue.

So today i took out again my radio + display + heater control panel just to learn that behind the heater control panel are 2 identically 6 pin connectors wires. One of them has absolutely no use on my model... and by mistake I swapped them last time. The right wire is longer and just falls down to the floor and you won't see it if not enough light... )))

Now I'm very upset on my local authorised peugeot garage. I think they should have spotted my mistake in those 3 hours work. They even stated on my bill that they took out that particular connector several times for different tests but they did not have a clue what that cable is for... so i paid them 3hours work just to have my car returned as it was before.

#9 ·
They are supposed to have access to knowledge.
I can make mistakes as I'm not entirely prepared to do this job. They have access to service box, where i bet they can find all details about wires/connectors dismounting and re-mounting. I'm not blaming them for something i did. But i can't understand how can they take out my control pannel and then connecting it back to wrong wires. It doesn't matter that i made a mistake previously. They should have connected it in the wright way. Thats why we pay them : to know ! Am i wrong? Even more, they have been aware that i messed up with the control panel previously....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.