Peugeot Forums banner

Installing Genuine Parking Sensors

28K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Murgatroyd 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have seen an after market kit for the 307 peugeot part 9690.07.

I want to install sensors but with the visual image on the RT3 colour screen and looking at the documentation for the above genuine part, it is not connected to the BSI.

I have PP2000 so can easily activate it so the visual display occurs, however does anyone have an idea how to modify the genuine kit to be wired to the BSI or if there is another way of integrating the parking aid with the multi function display?

I see someone has done it with a 407 somehow, but how is it done for the 307?

Ideas experts?

Matt

#2 ·
Good question, and I'd also like to know the answer.

I recently broke the bumper on my car and the replacement im looking to buy comes with genuine peugeot PDC. My car does not have RT3 but i'd like to know how the peugeot PDC can be wired in - if at all.

#3 ·
Well apparently on the part quoted it has two spare wires going into the parking sensor ECU. Could be for the BSI connection, not sure.

The best option is to probably go to a scrap yard / breaker and get a whole kit off a 307 to see how it is possible to retro factory fit.

I am interested in doing it but beware I have read that the RD3 display is not compatable or even VAN 307's.

I am unsure whether my VAN RT3 will work in honesty but if you have an RD4 or RD5 and a CAN 307 you should be fine.

Hopefully we both get some answers

Matt

#4 · (Edited)
Ok, this may well be simpler than I thought.

I have looked at the factory fit wiring diagrams and noticed that the parking sensor ECU is located behind the wheel arc in boot.

Upon removing the trim I noticed that there is a bolt thread (looks like it is for the parking sensor bracket) and an unused connector running in the direction towards the BSI.

Anyone know what this connection is for (it is the black one hanging over in my picture of my wheel arc 307 SW).

#5 ·
I have successfully done this with ease.

The factory fit parts have been installed and the aid works well connected to the BSI, however the visual on my RT3 screen does not work.

I have heard visual is not possible on VAN models, however I saw an option in planet for the setting which has remarkably now disappeared.

I am curious, my BSI does not know parking sensors exist apart from the fact the ECU is present. Is it possible to get the visual for my parking sensors activated? Is it something the dealers can do?

Does anyone with a pre 2005 vehicle and parking sensors have experience of any visual display?

Matt

#6 ·
Hi Matt - are you saying you've managed to fit genuine peugeot parking sensors onto your car? And it did not have sensors before? Would you mind sharing the exact steps you went through and parts required?

Sadly I cant return the favour by helping you with getting the visual on RT3 - I have no experience of this.

#7 · (Edited)
Hi offline,

It is unbelievably simple to install the genuine factory fit kit. In actual fact I think it is easier than an aftermarket one of any type as the original wiring is already in place for it.

I have done this on a SW, however it is possible that the wiring is not present on other models of 307 like your hatchback. However I do know how and where you can check.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1a - On a hatchback, open the boot/trunk and pull up the floor to access the spare wheel. Just above where the numberplate exists on the inside of the car near the wheel is where the genuine factory fit ECU resides. There should be a couple of threads there for it to attach to with nuts.

1b - On a SW/Estate, open the boot/trunk and on the passenger side pull out the plastic trim behind the tool storage net located behind the rear light cluster. Just around the wheel arch look for a black 18 pin connector hidden behind the insulation. There is a single thread on the bodywork in this opening that the ECU bracket attaches to.

2. - You now need the following components from a 307 pre facelift (2005) from either a scrapyard or either by ordering from the dealer network.

a) Parking Sensor ECU; Part no 6590T3
b) Sensor loom (wiring from ECU to 4 parking sensors with a 12 pin connector)
c) 4 parking sensors; Part nos 659001 or 6590Q2 (also avail from ebay new)
d) ECU bracket (SW/Estate models only), now discontinued from Peugeot
e) Buzzer; Part nos 659002 or 6590Q2
f) Buzzer bracket; Part nos 659036
g) Sensor supports; Part no 659089 (order 4 for each sensor)
h) Sensor support rings; Part no 659090 (order 4 for each sensor)

Most of the parts above are expensive from Peugeot new so unless you have a ridiculous budget, I advise you source the complete assembly from a scrap yard on a 307 close to your age.

Note there are various ECU's available relating to different RPO/DAMs. To be clear on the parts specific to your own 307 check servicebox typing in "parking aid" into the search field.

3 - Once you have all the parts installation is straightforward. Firstly remove the centre console that runs between the two front seats. Once the console is removed you will see the following.

The circled connector is usually taped up near the front loom under the heater. Undo it and release the 2 pin black connector.

4 - Next get the buzzer assembly ready as pictured below.

You may need a couple of M6 nuts / bolts if you have none present already. Now the bracket connects to the left side at the front as pictured below.

The bracket attaches to the thread already present under the heater. A tough squeeze for fat hands but possible. Simply push the connector into place and reassemble the centre console.

5 - Now the easiest part of the installation is connecting the ECU to the 18 pin black connector already in the boot area as described in point one. If you have the hatchback use two M6 bolts to attach the ECU to the shell. If you have the SW/estate attach to the bracket first and then using one nut attach to the shell with the thread provided.

6 - Next, run the wiring loom from the boot area underneath the car. To do this, there is a rubber oval shaped bung pushed into the bottom left of the boot location (as you look into it). Push or prise it out using a screwdriver. Make a hole in the middle usiung a knife and run the cable loom through it. Now attach the bung to the car again. You should now be able to connect the 12 pin connector to the ECU inside the boot and then put your boot back together.

7 - Jack the car up at the rear and place on axle stands. Slide under the rear and catch the wiring you pushed through the boot floor. Now if you are clever no rear bumper removal is needed. There are several lugs on the base of the bumper (under the metal bumper chasis) where you can clip the wiring into place. Leave the sensors dangling for the moment while you drill the bumper.

8 - Using the measurements provided in the attached pdf for your 307, drill 4 holes in the bumper with a 25mm holesaw. In the pdf it suggests a 19mm holesaw but this is insufficient for the genuine sensors. Measure twice, cut once! I marked the bumper with a marker pen before cutting. I also removed the bumper to do this but in the previous step you can get away without doing so.

www.sog-team.com/clan/307.pdf

9 - Once drilling is complete, get back under the car and using the support clips push the sensors through into place and clip together. Ensure all cabling under the car is secured appropiately. I purchased some clips that hold the wiring onto those lugs mentioned previously.

10 - Lastly you now need Peugeot Planet to tell your 307 of your new install. I have so far only found one option in my settings but I have seen before others including visual settings on the multi function display. Sadly I fear it is not possible to have visual just sound on VAN pre facelift 307s. Go to the BSI > ECU's Present > Parking Aid > Present > Save

Everytime you engage reverse, you will now hear the parking assistance as if it was factory fitted.

Any questions please ask! I am here to help!

Matt

#15 ·
Hi offline,

It is unbelievably simple to install the genuine factory fit kit. In actual fact I think it is easier than an aftermarket one of any type as the original wiring is already in place for it.

I have done this on a SW, however it is possible that the wiring is not present on other models of 307 like your hatchback. However I do know how and where you can check.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1a - On a hatchback, open the boot/trunk and pull up the floor to access the spare wheel. Just above where the numberplate exists on the inside of the car near the wheel is where the genuine factory fit ECU resides. There should be a couple of threads there for it to attach to with nuts.

1b - On a SW/Estate, open the boot/trunk and on the passenger side pull out the plastic trim behind the tool storage net located behind the rear light cluster. Just around the wheel arch look for a black 18 pin connector hidden behind the insulation. There is a single thread on the bodywork in this opening that the ECU bracket attaches to.

2. - You now need the following components from a 307 pre facelift (2005) from either a scrapyard or either by ordering from the dealer network.

a) Parking Sensor ECU; Part no 6590T3
b) Sensor loom (wiring from ECU to 4 parking sensors with a 12 pin connector)
c) 4 parking sensors; Part nos 659001 or 6590Q2 (also avail from ebay new)
d) ECU bracket (SW/Estate models only), now discontinued from Peugeot
e) Buzzer; Part nos 659002 or 6590Q2
f) Buzzer bracket; Part nos 659036
g) Sensor supports; Part no 659089 (order 4 for each sensor)
h) Sensor support rings; Part no 659090 (order 4 for each sensor)

Most of the parts above are expensive from Peugeot new so unless you have a ridiculous budget, I advise you source the complete assembly from a scrap yard on a 307 close to your age.

Note there are various ECU's available relating to different RPO/DAMs. To be clear on the parts specific to your own 307 check servicebox typing in "parking aid" into the search field.

3 - Once you have all the parts installation is straightforward. Firstly remove the centre console that runs between the two front seats. Once the console is removed you will see the following.

The circled connector is usually taped up near the front loom under the heater. Undo it and release the 2 pin black connector.

4 - Next get the buzzer assembly ready as pictured below.

You may need a couple of M6 nuts / bolts if you have none present already. Now the bracket connects to the left side at the front as pictured below.

The bracket attaches to the thread already present under the heater. A tough squeeze for fat hands but possible. Simply push the connector into place and reassemble the centre console.

5 - Now the easiest part of the installation is connecting the ECU to the 18 pin black connector already in the boot area as described in point one. If you have the hatchback use two M6 bolts to attach the ECU to the shell. If you have the SW/estate attach to the bracket first and then using one nut attach to the shell with the thread provided.

6 - Next, run the wiring loom from the boot area underneath the car. To do this, there is a rubber oval shaped bung pushed into the bottom left of the boot location (as you look into it). Push or prise it out using a screwdriver. Make a hole in the middle usiung a knife and run the cable loom through it. Now attach the bung to the car again. You should now be able to connect the 12 pin connector to the ECU inside the boot and then put your boot back together.

7 - Jack the car up at the rear and place on axle stands. Slide under the rear and catch the wiring you pushed through the boot floor. Now if you are clever no rear bumper removal is needed. There are several lugs on the base of the bumper (under the metal bumper chasis) where you can clip the wiring into place. Leave the sensors dangling for the moment while you drill the bumper.

8 - Using the measurements provided in the attached pdf for your 307, drill 4 holes in the bumper with a 25mm holesaw. In the pdf it suggests a 19mm holesaw but this is insufficient for the genuine sensors. Measure twice, cut once! I marked the bumper with a marker pen before cutting. I also removed the bumper to do this but in the previous step you can get away without doing so.

9 - Once drilling is complete, get back under the car and using the support clips push the sensors through into place and clip together. Ensure all cabling under the car is secured appropiately. I purchased some clips that hold the wiring onto those lugs mentioned previously.

10 - Lastly you now need Peugeot Planet to tell your 307 of your new install. I have so far only found one option in my settings but I have seen before others including visual settings on the multi function display. Sadly I fear it is not possible to have visual just sound on VAN pre facelift 307s. Go to the BSI > ECU's Present > Parking Aid > Present > Save

Everytime you engage reverse, you will now hear the parking assistance as if it was factory fitted.

Any questions please ask! I am here to help!

Matt
Beeing new here I'm really curious about this retrofit, alas the pictures are gone from the server, in fact the server seems to have 'died'....:confused:
Any chance of a re-upload?! Much appreciated! :thumb: Thanks.

#8 ·
Fantastic tutorial - thank you. I do have the estate - will need to check later to see if it has the wiring loom present in the boot area.

Now to find a silver pre-2005 estate 307 with parking sensors being broken for parts.. quite a challenge methinks!

#9 ·
Took me ages... days and days of phoning scrapyards, looking on ebay etc. It appears that such sensors were rare on pre 2005 models as the facelift models had this as standard. However they will not work on our VAN electrical systems hence why you need to find one around the 2002/2003 era.

They say patience is a virtue and I got all the parts in the end. Cost be about £85 for the lot. Cheaper than the aftermarket kit and of course genuine factory fit. Worth the challenge as I am now looking to get the visual aid working.

Good luck

PS- The parts are the same for hatch/sw/estate cars with parking sensors in this era. The only difference is the SW need an additional bracket for the ECU so widen your search to all 307's pre 05. It is worth noting that the 307cc (coupe) have the sensors as standard the majority of the time and this would be the most popular way of obtaining the kit.

#11 ·
Be careful here. I also nearly got done by this listing. The parking sensors are not the issue, you can remove them from that black bumper insert with ease. The issue comes where this actual kit is the aftermarket one that does not connect to the car BSI. If you look at the ECU pictured, the part number is actually an ECU from the genuine aftermarket kit and not that of the original ECU factory fitted.

Ensure the ECU looks like this which is part 6590T3 manufactuered by Valeo:

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.