Peugeot Forums banner

Cambelt

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  monty9120 
#1 ·
Guys I need a quick answer on this, 2002, 307, 2.0Hdi, 44k on the clock. I say the cambelt should have been done after 5 years am I correct???

#10 ·
Many many years ago I used to own a Vauxhall Viva HB with a OHC engine. This was the first car I had seen that was belt driven. In those days I think the belt had to be changed every 40,000 miles or something ridiculous. Things have thankfully improved. Chains can wear or stretch too.

G
#9 ·
Yeah exactly that, was an one of the families cars and was needed sharpish so it ended up at dealers, then found out it's a common one on them. Put me off Nissan there and then!

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#11 ·
Any new car i get usually gets a full service and timing bits replaced regardless.
:cool: is easier to replace them at home than on a motorway! That plus being a mechanic and paying for breakdown cover doesn't sit well although even a car in top shape can still chuck its dummy out if it wants to.
:nod:
1 thing that is obvious is that newer cars do need a lot more attention which apart from performing better are probably in the grand scheme of dealers getting more money out of us.
Yes i said it lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.