Peugeot Forums banner

Laptop specs for diagbox?

7K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  IanML 
#1 ·
Hi all. Im currently looking to purchase a interface so I can connect to my 206. From what I have read, diagbox can be system hungry and can run slow on certain laptops, but have been told different things from different eBay sellers.
I have a old toshiba tecra a3x laptop with xp pro 32bit, Intel celeron M 1.5ghz, 2gb ram. Will this be powerful enough for diagbox or will it be too slow. Thanks in advanced.

#6 ·
I have a 200 year old Dell Latitude something. It runs the software fine. 2nd hand for about £20 with a carry case, charging bits a few years back. Just needed windows re installing and the CPU reseating and the heatsink blowing out.

#7 ·
I have an 11 year old HP Compaq NC 6000 with 2 Ghz Intel Pentium M chip & 2GB ram ( I pimped it up to the motherboards max ) with a 32 bit version of Windows 7.

Peugeot Planet / Diagbox 7.57 works fine on it - it does take a little while to start up either program but once running its perfectly usable.

#9 ·
My laptop is so old an SSD is out the question :lol:

In fact I had to partition the 250GB IDE hard drive first to get it to work as the laptop wouldn't even recognize the full size of the drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.