Peugeot Forums banner

Driving my E7 then just stopped

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  mrtaxi90 
#1 ·
Hi, my first post.
I own a 06 2006 Expert2 16v taxi. Its done 228450 miles had a 2nd hand turbo at 185k and cambelt etc at 205k.
Last week it had a fuel filter change and a Forte fuel flush. Also new rear shocks and trailing arm bushes.
It has always suffered from lack of power and then drives as normal. The management light has been on awhile and was due an oil change, there is enough oil in engine
Done about 150 miles or so since filter change and was doing about 60mph when a loud clicking noise was heard, warning lights came on and I came to a halt.
My garage said after trying to start, engine would not turn, that its seized.
I asked if could put on diag to see reason. He said would not be worth it, would not show
Any ideas??
She's a good 'Old Girl' finished paying for it 6 months ago, had got a diagbox off ebay to see what was history etc how this.

#2 ·
Sounds like belt may have gone try turning the engine backwards see if it turns

diagnostics are not for problems like this your mechanic is correct

If you are in glasgow i may be able to help we run 10 of these and have a bit of experience :)

#8 ·
You going for the Tepee? Good luck. My mates on the rank down here had some bad ones. Not as bad as I've read in some areas. Stuff like EGR valves, Anti-roll bars and one had hi-pressure pump go(had one go at 140K had to pay then went again after 3 months got warranty). All of them with far far less miles then my Expert2 has done. The size of vehicle is just not for taxi work.
Mine is going to run to £3k, thats with a new clutch, head, 3 injectors, one was well smashed, valve and cam belt.
I know it might be a tad over but I need it back. Another weekend at 50% is enough.

#9 ·
I know what your saying we have 4 new ones already and 1 has been a headache but we are lucky we are literally next door to allied who build the cars :)

The antiroll bars are easily fixed in situ you just open the clamps and use bushes for the older models after that no more rattles :)

HP pumps can seize and take the camshafts out and rockers tend to need replaced at 150k miles but at least the injectors come out unlike the old one !!

We have no real choice our fleet is past it and mercedes were too expensive even if they are more reliable/better service we could not afford it :(

#12 ·
Yes, I knew about the injectors, hence 3 needed not just 1.
I just hope this will do me for another 4 years.
As I might have said its been such an old tart the last few months, always lack of power, but always started, idled no prob, just when you started off.. nothing. then a burst of power till the next moment.

#14 ·
Hi, just to let you know done about 800miles since its return. Got the old head and it had 1 exhaust and 1 inlet valve both snapped at the shoulder. The inlet one is halfway embedded in the head and the head surface is all melted and looks like the moon, in fact I think I can see the US flag waving at me, lol. I did not see the piston. Running ok and alot better than before. Done the battery in though. When I picked it up the meter had £435 on it at rate 1 so had been on for ages. When the battery gets low the meter goes on, so if a light is left on, the meter kicks in after a few hours.....
Thanks for your comments and a Merry Christmas to you all. Bez

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.