Peugeot Forums banner

Peugot 308 - High Pressure Fuel Pump Replacement

13K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ADS77 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Car details: Peugeot 308 SE 1.6 VTi Sport 5Dr - 110,000 miles - 2008 reg, Full Service 3 weeks ago - Last 8 digits of VIN: 55351658

For a few months now my Peugot has been misfiring from a cold start, with the Depollution System Faulty message appearing on the dashboard. I managed to take it to a Peugeot garage today where they carried out a diagnostic check and confirmed the issue. The following faults were also found:

P1136
P1340
P0087
P1337
P1338

They've said that I will need a new high pressure fuel pump and have quoted £757.75 for the work. For me, this is quite a bit of money so I would rather not pay it unless absolutely necessary. I don't want the issue to be "fixed" for it just to come back in a week.

What I want to know is would a new fuel pump fix the issues I have been having? Is that a reasonable quote for such work?

Thanks.

See less See more
#6 ·
Fuel pump is £389.80 and the feed pipe u should do also is £21.35, labour time for the fuel pump is 1hr 36mins, so even say 2 hours for the job they are ripping u off at £757.75.

if u don't mind not having the years warranty on the part and labour, get the HPFP from BMW dealer they around £230 quid (exactly the same HPFP) and get a local friendly garage to fit for u and u will save over £400.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.