Peugeot Forums banner

308 updates

3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  g4m8l3r 
#1 ·
Evening all,

As im not out celebrating the new year tonight I figured id have a think and see what I want to do to the 308 next year.....

58 plate 308 1.6vti sport.

Id love to update the rear lights to the stripe styles ones from the phase 2 (correct me if im wrong), id also like to upgrade the head unit to one that has built in nav and bluetooth (currently have the rd4 with a bluetooth module connected via aux).

I have fitted an aftermarket alarm to the car, just as a deterrent due to issues on the street recently.... I cant find a wiring diagram to allow me to wire it to the indicators so they flash each time the alarm chirps. The unit has the outputs for it but I dont have a diagram for the car. The unit also has a remote start feature, would it be possible to wire it up on this car with it having an immobilizer?

#2 ·
Sounds like the alarm was designed for cars that were built before the advent of VAN / CAN Bus. The indicator outputs would likely just be spliced into the live feed for the bulbs or to the feed for the hazard relay. The auto start would need to emulate the key being in the 'run' position and supply the starter solenoid.

Fortunately these days, cars have built in immobilisers to make them less likely to be stolen by an opportunist or joy rider. The only way you could get autostart to work would be to leave the key in the ignition, tape a programmed immobiliser chip to the receiver or get the immobilser disabled, all of which could invalidate your insurance if not disclosed to the insurance company. If disclosed then could prevent you actually getting insurance in the first place.

I wouldn't bother trying to get either of these options working if they weren't simply plug in options as you could end up damaging something expensive (I.e. BSI) or cause havoc on the vehicles communication network.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I dont know where to find the live feed for the indicators or the pinout for the hazard switch unfortunately.

I do have another question about my ESP/ASR. When I start the car it doesnt turn on by default unless I press the button but then it goes off again after 40mph, is this normal?

In other peugeots I have seen this happen the other way, they start the car and its turned on by default, if they want to switch it off they have to press the button on the dash.

#12 ·
Perfect, thanks very much for the help, its been bugging me for ages haha

Im wanting to install navigation into the car, so either replace the headunit with a aftermarket one that looks part of peugeots center console or try and source the facelift dash with the pop up one. Is it compatible with my pre facelift electrics do you know?

#13 ·
Bit of info required in regards to leather seats in the gt model.......im eyeing up a full leather interior taken out of my year but the gt model. Are the front 2 seats heated? I cam see a yellow connector just bellow them.....any advice? If so do they turn on with the climate control or what?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.