Peugeot Forums banner

Can't fold mirrors?

10K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  plotney 
#1 ·
Heya, had to park on a busy street the other day and I couldnt fold side mirrors manually at all. is there a trick to it? or are they meant to be folding automatically?
Its a 56 plate 207 1.6 hdi

#5 ·
Electric folding mirrors are controlled by the switch behind the circular control, which is left/right to select a mirror for adjustment, and pull back to fold. They fold automatically when the car is locked from outside with remote or key.

The manual states that the electric folding can be inhibited by the dealer (using Planet, I expect). That may have been done to yours.

If yours are manual fold, they may be very stiff. I had that on my 206, and sprayed the junction liberally with GT84, left it to soak in, and then pushed hard. Once it folded, more spray and lots of back-and-forth movement.

#9 ·
Your image does not display.

If you register on Service Box as an independent, you will have access to Peugeot parts information.

By entering the last 8 characters of your VIN (the VIS), the information will be specific to your car, and you will be able to see whether you have electric or manual folding mirrors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.