Peugeot Forums banner

Rear brake light not working

39K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Roddersq 
#1 ·
Hi

My drivers side brake light is not working even after replacing the bulb (2 different ones tried). I wondered if maybe it was the fuse but then I suppose both brake lights would be out (not so). Anybody have any idea what could be wrong? :nono:

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies and apologies for my late reply as I was on holiday!

I've looked through the forum but to no avail, also looked on the net but came up with nothing either :nono: I've not had a chance to look at the connector as yet so i'm hoping when I do it might just need a clean!

Any other info appreciated! It due its first MOT by the end of the month so need to get it sorted before then! :eek:

G
#7 ·
as david has said new earth fixes it..or you could try cleaning the parts the bulb connects too and making sure they fit nice and tight..its quite a common fault on mine i just had to clean it and bend the little earth pin back out so it fitted tighter and all was good..10 mins sorted..

#10 ·
my 308 had a similar fault all lights on the n/s/r went off but the mutli plug looked like it had melted so cleaned it all up and replaced the multi plug and to get the indicators working again i had to disconnect the battery i presume the bsi kept the fault

#12 ·
exact same problem, Peugeot Dealer told me I was using cheap bulbs and to take car in next time a bulb blew, did that and explained what their service manager had advised, very polite staff then gave my car a complete health check and told me my front light needed a new bulb, only took 2 hours. Thats not a lot of use but I got it off my chest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.