What To Do? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-13, 02:55 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default What To Do?

Hi

I bought a September 2011 registered 107 in December 2012, it's a 5dr Urban and had 3,700 miles on the clock when I bought it (about 8,100 now). The car is about to go back to the dealership for the sixth time and I'm throughly sick of all the problems I'm having and would welcome some advice.

Firstly it's been in 3 times to fix a bad water leak in the boot plus it had been through their workshop the week prior to me picking it up for the same problem, so it took them 4 attempts to stop the leaking. The second problem was rust, it went in for that to be fixed. The third problem it's about to go back in for a second time is the heater fan not working.

All the repairs are carried out under warranty so it's not costing me anything financially but it's causing a lot of hassle and wasting a lot of my time. I had a 107 previously and had no problems in the 4 years I owned it which is why I wanted to swap it for a newer one with less mileage, I bought it from the same dealership.

It's taken all the joy out of owning the car, I hate the car now and have no faith it's going to last me the number of years I want to keep it. Is it right that a car of 18 months old has to go back in 6 times for repairs? I'm mighty hacked off and told the after sales manager he needed to seriously consider replacing my car. I did write to Peugeot after the leak problems and they offered me a free service as a gesture of goodwill, they don't know about these last set of problems.

What would you do if it were your car?
JCH187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-13, 03:01 PM   #2
COLINELLIS

Sorry to hear about your problems but if it was my car I would be demanding some form of compensation by now and if they didn't solve all the issues I would seek some Consumer law advice from a solicitor etc. Having said that at least its being done under warranty so their is no cost to you and I hope it gets sorted this time
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-13, 04:36 PM   #3

Every manufacturer puts out a few cars that for one reason or another seem to have more than their fair share of problems. Not nice for the person who ends up with the car and understandably is going to be pretty frustrated.

Neither the manufacturer or the dealer sell these cars knowing that they are going to be in for repair so many times but if they honour the guarantee and sort out the problems then all should turn out good.

I can fully understand your exasperation but hopefully in the very near future, you will have got past the problems and finally have the reliable car you expected. As your previous car was problem free, you already know that the model can be a good car.

Best of luck and I hope your troubles finally end after this trip in for repair.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-13, 04:37 PM   #4
Inactive User

The leak is fixed as far as I can tell, I haven't had any more water in the spare wheel well. My issue is the ongoing problems, it's one thing after another and the fact it's been back to the garage 6 times in as many months. It can't be right for a relatively new car to have so many problems or is it?
Old 12-07-13, 08:20 PM   #5
chopper1192

You rang!

First, check out my leaks guide in the How To section - they really are easy to fix, and my source is the members of the worlds biggest 107/C1 club which I co-run.

I'm interested in hearing about the rust - thats pretty much unknown on a bug.

Ditto the heater fan - small consolation to you, but they are generally incredibly robust and reliable cars, and easy to fix. Well worth checking into Citroen C1 Owners Club, Peugeot 107 club, Toyota Aygo, The City Bug Club. Spares, Parts, Clutch problems, faults. which is probably the Worlds greatest source of information about the model.

Good luck.
Old 12-07-13, 08:24 PM   #6
COLINELLIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper1192 View Post
You rang!

First, check out my leaks guide in the How To section - they really are easy to fix, and my source is the members of the worlds biggest 107/C1 club which I co-run.

I'm interested in hearing about the rust - thats pretty much unknown on a bug.

Ditto the heater fan - small consolation to you, but they are generally incredibly robust and reliable cars, and easy to fix. Well worth checking into Citroen C1 Owners Club, Peugeot 107 club, Toyota Aygo, The City Bug Club. Spares, Parts, Clutch problems, faults. which is probably the Worlds greatest source of information about the model.

Good luck.

Speak of the Devil and he shall appear generally bringing gifts or knowledge
chopper1192 likes this.
Old 12-07-13, 08:34 PM   #7
chopper1192

And if you whisper "MMT" the Geriatric will magically appear!
Old 12-07-13, 08:52 PM   #8
COLINELLIS

"MMT"
Old 14-07-13, 09:42 AM   #9
Inactive User

The boot leaks were fixed on the fourth attempt.

I had two patches of rust one was on the gear stick underneath the coat thing that goes over it, it had come loose and I noticed it when I was cleaning the car. The second patch was on the bodywork where the side and front panels meet, there's a little pointed corner piece near the wheel arch and it was on here. They said it was probably caused by a stone chip but to be frank I don't believe them.

The heater fan packed up initially about 3 weeks ago on a very hot day, they had to take the dashboard off and said it was a loose connection. It happened again last Wednesday, again a very hot day, it was on and off for a while before packing in completely - just what you need when you're collecting a friend from hospital in very hot weather. It's going in again tomorrow morning.

I bought this car as I wanted something with lower mileage and that would hopefully be more reliable, what a big mistake. Like someone said the garage keep saying it's very rare for a 107 to have so many problems but that's little comfort to me right now.
Old 14-07-13, 08:28 PM   #10
chopper1192

I'm on my 3rd 107, and all have been sweet. Officially the triplets are the too car in their class for reliability - the Vw group triplets are proving to be atrocious, the sort of thing you'd expect from Kia 30 years ago. A sneaky peak in their OC forum is quite frightening.

I hope all this is behind you now and it settles down to a period of reliability so you can learn to love it. I fear you've allowed the situation to drag on too long, so "by custom" you have accepted the car, so the only means to get shot is to punt it on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in