Should i buy a 107 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davidireland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-12, 12:08 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Should i buy a 107

Hi all,

I have been looking at a Peugeot 107 1.0 Urban 3dr 61 Plate 2011 which has 6K miles. Is there anything to watch out with these models or anything on the 107 i should be looking out for when viewing / buying.

I heard people had issues with under rust on some parts on older 107's and gearbox / clutch issues. is this true and has it been fixed?

Do you think a car of this type and age would last 5 to 6 years as i want something easy and cheap to run and something to last at least 5 years

Also what sort of prices is a service for 107 and prices of other parts people have done just so i get an idea of costs of running.

if you think i have missed anything about please say

Chris

Last edited by chrisb1357; 06-08-12 at 12:13 PM.
chrisb1357 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-01-13, 04:59 PM   #2
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb1357 View Post
Hi all,

I have been looking at a Peugeot 107 1.0 Urban 3dr 61 Plate 2011 which has 6K miles. Is there anything to watch out with these models or anything on the 107 i should be looking out for when viewing / buying.

I heard people had issues with under rust on some parts on older 107's and gearbox / clutch issues. is this true and has it been fixed?

Do you think a car of this type and age would last 5 to 6 years as i want something easy and cheap to run and something to last at least 5 years

Also what sort of prices is a service for 107 and prices of other parts people have done just so i get an idea of costs of running.

if you think i have missed anything about please say

Chris
The clutch problems seem to relate to pre 2009 models. I was quoted 288 fitted from a none peugeot dealer - and my dad had one done on his C1 for around the same price.

The road tax is cheap, the MPG is good. It really depends what else you get offered. As with any car there is chance you buy a lemon.

I don't think they are bad cars - the high repairs you see quoted are generally from dealership servicing centre - if you go to a non dealer garage its much cheaper - the trick is finding such a garage.

Last edited by kingrollo; 26-01-13 at 06:13 PM.
kingrollo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-01-13, 05:45 PM   #3
chopper1192

Rust is not an issue on any version of the 107s bodywork - it was on the early Aygo.

2011 is a safe year. It's low miles so check the front discs for corrosion as they can catch tinworm if not driven regularly enough to get some heat through them.

Other possible issue is cabin water leaks. Largely solved by 2011 but the high level brake light can still leak so check the boot and rear cabin carpets are dry.

Not much else other than that. Only thing I would say is there's mo shortage of them so don't get fixated on any one car - if it aint right there'll be plenty more.

There is no easier car in the World to service so prices aren't mad. Alternatively, they're a pice of pith to DIY maintain.

There's a huge cult following and a very active owners club - I should know, I co-run it!

Last edited by chopper1192; 26-01-13 at 05:55 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 26-01-13, 05:48 PM   #4
davidireland

Default Re: Should i buy a 107

If the clutch needs doing, they are a doddle. Had one out of an aygo the other day in just over an hour.

Sent from my GT-S5690
chopper1192 likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in